Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Discrimination settings

Posted by Coinseeker 78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Discrimination settings
November 11, 2011 02:46AM
How much depth will you lose if you set Disc up to Tabs and notch nickles back in on the 5 inch DD coil I notice in air that I lose an inch to an inch and a half with 99 sensitivity 4 tones, and plus 9 on the threshold settings. I am hunting in ground of about 70 reading and 1 bar on the magnetic scale. Thanks in advance.
Re: Discrimination settings
November 11, 2011 03:39AM
If you are referring to F75 (I'm guessing)..... yes, you will lose approx 1" of depth in the ground. F75 is a bit quirky.... in this regard. You should lose no depth with high Disc settings; yet, (especially) in the ground..... you certainly do.
Re: Discrimination settings
November 11, 2011 01:19PM
The more disc. you use the less depth is usually the case with most detectors.

Only two I know of where little or no depth loss is a CZ and the older Wilson Coin & Relic. Certainly may be more so chime in if you know of others...

I hope we realize this all depends on our neck of the woods and above all the conditions for our area as some detectors just work better or for that matter worse depending on the conditions and your neck of the woods...