Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New 10.5 Coil

Posted by Beach 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New 10.5 Coil
January 20, 2012 05:33PM
UPS just dropped off my new 10.5 con. coil for the CZ3D. Are there any differences in setting up or hunting techniques(pinpointing, etc) compared to the stock 8". Can't wait for the next norther to blow the tide way out. Thanks
Re: New 10.5 Coil
January 20, 2012 09:37PM
Judging by your post you will be hunting a saltwater beach enviroment and heres goes.

Its heavy and its main plus it will cover a lot more area.Imagine hipmounting is the way to go.

Expect an inch or two additional depth but large coils just see more ground and depending on the area you are hunting 8 inch usually handles the salt water enviroment better so you main have to run it with a lower sens. negating the depth advantage but again that will vary on the conditions on the particuliar day you are hunting and what the waves bring in.

It pinpoints well but will have to practice to find the hotspot as its usally a little higher than your 8 inch due to its configuration.

Certainly not a coil for trashy parks but for large beaches or perhaps large fields certainly the coverage is a plus.

Good luck and should you get one of the NE storms the skys the limit as years ago walked away with 18-20 silver coins including a 1781 Realle..Remember foil is the hot spot for gold rings so even after digging 10 pieces of foil make sure you dig everyone lest you lose a nice diamond engagment ring...
Re: New 10.5 Coil
January 20, 2012 09:55PM
Thanks for the tips Dan, I was hopeing you would post up. I got it mainly for the beach and hunting open ground. It tips the scale @ 1.2lbs, box is already hip mounted so I hope wieght won't be an issue. My beaches(Texas) are pretty mild so I might not have to reduce the sens too much.