Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

f75ltd vs. gold bug pro ?

Posted by shilohdigger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
f75ltd vs. gold bug pro ?
February 03, 2012 01:46PM
had a couple of guys the other day hunting a place that they've cleared where some civil war relics are in abundance well they were using the gold bug pro and digging prussian bullets and other things deep like 20 inches and there was a guy with them that uses f75 ltd he wasnt digging any of the stuff he had his sensitivity real high though and the trash was on a medium level is there a chance that the sensititvity being to high causes this i had read where someone was seeing silver deep running low sens or silent mode in boost mode is the ltd better in depth this way in trash or are you better off running disc6 monotone high sens. the guys were jokig saying the gold bug pro was a deeper machine than my ltd they were pulling out small and medium buckshot and pistol bulletts that the 75 couldnt hear just curious on the experts thoughts on this thanks again for a wonderful learning tool for me(this forum)
Re: f75ltd vs. gold bug pro ?
February 03, 2012 03:21PM
Too many variables to select a concrete answer.

But........... the Gold Bug SE runs at a much higher freq......... and is more resonant to smaller (and lower conductor) targets.
February 04, 2012 04:27AM
But 20 inches worth of power? Seems QUITE a bit far fetched if you ask me. I had a Gold Bug Pro with 11" coil that barely hit an inground 58 cal minie ball at 10" in all metal. Mine wasn't very sensitive to high conductive targets either. You always hear about the Gold Bug and G2 being good in picking out goods from iron with reasonable depth but not THAT good of depth.
February 04, 2012 12:42PM
I have both and plan on keeping both.
I my mild soil the LTD is deeper hands down .
The GB is very quiet and easy/fun to use. I think my GB is a bit better in iron but that is hard to prove outright.
Just got the 5 x 10 coil , i plan to use for side walk strips under the power lines were the the GB
runs with almost no EMI interferance..
February 04, 2012 12:57PM
Yes.... 20" in bad ground might be on soda-can sized targets.
February 06, 2012 09:46PM
thanks guys thats kinda what i was thinking
February 12, 2012 11:33PM
I dug a 14" .58 cal Gardner the other day with my CZ-3D. I was amazed because it's the deepest Civil war bullet Iv'e dug to date. I dig 10" bullets often but 14". I called Beastdigs over to see it, he helped measure it & said that's crazy. I used my T2 se there the other day & the FE,O was at .1 at this site. The T2 se canot touch this machine in the depth department.