Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How to set a pos GB on f75se

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
How to set a pos GB on f75se
February 14, 2012 02:26AM
What is the procedure to set a positive ground balance on the f75se? I read the manual, or so I thought.
Re: How to set a pos GB on f75se
February 14, 2012 02:49AM
Ground balance unit as you normally do. Then increase GB 2-3 points, if trying to eliminate falsing from ground minerals. If trying to reduce larger iron, like bottlecaps increase GB around 20 points. Experiment depending on what your trying block/reduce. Going positive GB will affect depth (less).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2012 02:51AM by TerraDigger.
February 14, 2012 02:52AM
What do I physically adjust on the machine to increase it? And do I keep the trigger forward when adjusting?
February 14, 2012 03:14AM
You can do a GB with the fast grab then go over to all metal and then increase it. Or go to all metal, scroll down to GB, pump the coil, adjust for even sound (up & down) then increase the numbers.
February 14, 2012 03:22AM
After doing a Fast Grab to balance machine, go to all metal mode, select Manual G.B. box, press button to go into Manual G.B. menu, turn Settings knob to increase/decrease the number of GB points you want to increase/decrease. Exit All Metal......Go to back to Disc mode (I am assuming your hunting in disc). The new GB settings carry over to Disc mode. No need to push trigger forward. The trigger forward is to activate Fast Grab function. All your doing here is manually increasing the GB setting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2012 03:37AM by TerraDigger.
February 14, 2012 03:51AM
Thanks, I got it. I was doing it correctly before except, I didn't realize you had to turn the knob so much to change the numbers. Again thanks.
February 14, 2012 11:52AM
Each ground balance number....... actually has 5 adjustable increments PER NUMBER! (Which allows you to have 'fine-tune' abilities in severe mineralization dirt).
February 14, 2012 07:39PM
I get it. That's the small detent feeling I'm experiencing when turning the knob. By the way Tom your experiences and facts are what drove me to purchase the f75se.
February 15, 2012 02:22AM
Understand. And if you are new to the F75 SE....... I strongly recommend:

1) Learning how to mitigate EMI.
2) Not over-powering the unit on your first few lengthy hunts.
3) Learning the units audio intelligence.

Without these 3 tips....... you will not gain appreciation for the exceptional capabilities of this unit.