Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

?? about the CZ6a

Posted by Flintstone 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
?? about the CZ6a
February 17, 2012 01:49AM
Hi All, I ask this on anouther forum, and Dan-Pa helped, but have anouther qustion. If I don,t loose much deepth with disc level turned all the way up, do i need to turn the sensitivity all the way up to? The CZ6a will still run quit with it all the way up where i hunt. The reason i ask is i am just getting back into detecting fron neck surgery and don,t want to dig to much trash, just coins for a while. I did find a wheat penny at 4" first time out. Thanks For the help. P.S. This one was set by Tom in Dec. He said it was a keeper.
Re: ?? about the CZ6a
February 17, 2012 12:00PM
Cz's sens max out far before 10. Not knowing your machine, it's probably maxed at 5 (rounded up). On my cz, on sens 4 and below, I can notice a depth difference. Above that, the signal is louder not deeper. I run it at 6 or 7 in the field. If you can crank it up with no falsing problems, I say why not.
I do have to send my cz to Tom for a calibratation when the weather gets unhuntable.
February 17, 2012 01:44PM
Have to agree run sens. as high as you can while keeping a stable unit and although I never could go past 7 or so with an analog and perhaps 6 with a digital CZ if you can run it 10 must have some mild ground and conditions.
We all know Tom does a super job tuning CZ's so listen to the Doc's rel the surgery and start slow and won't be long before a deep silver is in the pouch.
February 17, 2012 04:46PM
There is zero depth loss on a CZ...... with Disc on max or minimum. No..... you do not have to increase your Sens setting whilst using a higher level of Disc.