Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tom whats your take on these readings CZ-3D

Posted by TheGeorgiaCanuck 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tom whats your take on these readings CZ-3D
March 15, 2012 02:35AM
First off, thanks for responding.

Here is a retest of my CZ-3D. Someone said to set the sensitivity at 4.8 instead of 10, but theres only 4 and 5, so I set it halfway between.

Rough measurement air test: discrim 0, volume 5, Sensitivity halfway between 4 and 5, GB 10. Measurments are rough approx. using a tape measure. I need to make a measuring board to sit the detector on with marks.

Dimes: 10"
Nickels: 10"
Quarters: 11"
50 cents: 11-12"
Large Cents: 10"
Loonies: 10"
Toonies: 10"
Silver ring(normal mans): 11"
Gold ring(small 18k mans wedding band): 10"

ID Meter readings, All high tones unless otherwise posted:

Canadian silver dimes ID on the line between zinc penny and larger coins.
Canadian nickels(non-silver) 1947 ID's just over the line between 5 cents and Zinc. A 1950 nickel read as a square pulltab with a medium tone. A 1965 nickel read same as the 1947. 2009 read as square pulltab.
Canadian old pennies ID just on the line between zinc penny and larger coins. New pennies read as zinc.
Canadian old quarters(silver) ID just over the line between zinc penny and larger coins. Modern quarters 2009 rang up as a round pulltab with medium tone.
Canadian 50 cent piece 1985 ID'd just over the line between 5 cents and Zinc.
Candian large cent 1919 ID'd just over the line between nickel and 5 cents and Zinc.
Silver ring .925 ID'd on the line between zinc penny and larger coins.
Gold ring 18k ID'd as 5 cent.

It's out there fellows! Go get it!
"Ged Peacehavens"
Re: Tom whats your take on these readings CZ-3D
March 15, 2012 12:18PM
Are the dimes Canadian?

Try a Sens setting of '5'.... and see if things change a small amount for the better.
March 16, 2012 04:40AM
Ok thanks! I ran it today in the field at 6 sensitivity. I get alot of high tone falsing with nails though. Any thoughts on that?
March 16, 2012 10:43AM
If you are receiving TOO many iron falses............... try rotating Grnd Balance CCW........ and see if this cures most of the problem. This holds true for many brands of detectors.