Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Joey coil users

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Joey coil users
March 22, 2012 07:33PM
How many use this coil?
I understand it will perform the same or better than the stock coil on the Etrac, true or false?
Re: Joey coil users
March 22, 2012 08:57PM
I never used one. But that quote about performance has been used many times. I guess the question is better at what? Masking? Depth? I will tell you the same thing I said on another post. I have the NEL sharpshooter coil. I think it might be close to the dimensions of the Joey. I know it is cheaper. And I think it is a fine compromise in coils. Coverage vs depth vs sensitivity vs target seperation. I'm not saying get the NEL. But when you make a drastic change in coils as the stock Pro vs the Joey performance really changes. It think you are totally changing things up and comparisons are unrealistic. They are designed to do different things.
nel sharpshooter
March 22, 2012 10:05PM
i picked up a nel sharpshooter for my safari . I compared it to my sef 6x 8" coil, and in the air tests, it picks up a dime an inch farther, and is a lot quieter coil.So far in the field my deepest dime is 7", ( having used it 2 hours).