Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Questions on the T2SE and how it relates to the F75SE

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Questions on the T2SE and how it relates to the F75SE
March 21, 2012 01:54PM
There are certain locations in the discrimination numbers of the F75SE that sensitivity increases.....such as 4 down to 1. Also, Disc setting of 6 is the ideal starting point for unsing the Monotone technique of unmasking. What is the corresponding number on the T2??? Also, there is a setting where the audio is modulated, which would prove useful. Is this setting in the DISC mode at a certain sens setting??? Thanks for the answers.
Re: Questions on the T2SE and how it relates to the F75SE
March 22, 2012 12:51AM
F75 Disc '6' = T2 Disc '21'

Sens on the T2 is a bit more linear........... and does not appear to be as connected to the Disc..... as is the F75.
March 22, 2012 01:09AM
Does either one have a practical advantage over the other for coin or relic hunting?
March 22, 2012 01:33AM
The boost modes of the F75SE can be used with a variety of tone options.......... and the F75SE is a deeper unit.

The T2 has a larger span iron range; yet, the F75 is sufficient.
March 22, 2012 01:46AM
Well, I'll make do I guess. There is a brand new one headed my way and is due to be delivered tomorrow. I had always heard that they were the F75 and the T2 are the same unit but that's what I get for believing everything I read on forums. Anyway, it will be fun to run a new detctor thru my test garden and then thru the sites. I needed a new detector like I needed another........appendage. But what the heck, ya only live once. My next detctor will be a Pulse unit. I will really have to save for one of them. Besides, my Tennessee red dirt seems to level the playing field when it comes to so-called deep detectors. If I can get one to hi tone both ways and correctly ID a coin past 7 inches I will stand amazed.
Thanks for the answer Tom. I'm gonna try the Monotone w/ Disc 21 in my nail laden site. Y'all ought to see the holes I have dug there. Oh I practice non-destructive recovery techniques, but I can still faintly see my newest holes. Last years holes have grown over but I have dug into last year's holes several times. I would find leaves 6 to 7 inches down that were in the process of composting. LOL
Anyway. I'm semi-excited about getting my new T2SE. Comes with the 5 inch coil as an extra. I'll give her the old air test (minus EMI) and see how it stands with my other units.
March 22, 2012 05:20AM
Kevin, if you don't have this already:

Using a 14 month old T2 LTD/SE, 11”coil, a small C/nickle coin @55, a lead .177 air-gun slug @43 in air test. Done by hand so a bit raggy.

IN GROUND TEST

...........................................Sens....43.............................55
Disc................................................177cal.......................Cupro/Nickle Coin.....(British 5 pence)
0 ....................................................5”.............................11.5”
1 ....................................................4...............................11
2 ....................................................3.75..........................10.5
3.....................................................3.50..........................10
4.....................................................3.25.......................... 9
5.....................................................2............................... 9
6.....................................................1.25.......................... 8.50
7.....................................................1............................... 8.50
8.....................................................1................................8.25................Signals start to get louder, cut off abruptly.
9.....................................................1................................8.25
10...................................................75..............................8.....................that’s a .75 result, not 75
15...................................................0................................7
20...................................................0................................6.25
Disc....................................Sens.....................177cal..........................Cupro/Nickle Coin.....(British 5 pence)
20.......................................99........................3”.................................10”
20.......................................90........................1...................................9.25
20.......................................80........................0...................................8.25
30.......................................60........................0...................................6.25
40....................................... “.........................0...................................6
50.......................................”..........................0...................................10.50
Bp mode.
0.........................................40........................4.50”..............................12+”
1.........................................”..........................5.....................................12
2.........................................”..........................4.....................................11.75
3.........................................”..........................3.50................................11.75
4.........................................”..........................3.25................................11.50
5.........................................”..........................3.25................................11.0
6.........................................”..........................3.....................................10.75
7.........................................”..........................2.50................................10.50
8.........................................”..........................2.50................................10.50
9.........................................”..........................2.....................................10.25
10.......................................”..........................2.....................................10.0
15.......................................”..........................1......................................9.25
15......................................60.........................0......................................9.50
15......................................70.........................0......................................10.50
20......................................70.........................0......................................9.50
20......................................80.........................0......................................10.50
50......................................60.........................0......................................11
I don’t understand what you mean when you say disc don’t lose any depth. The figures are a bit rough but my test bed shows basically the same pattern,.... after a disc of 8 the signal tones get what appears a gain (louder) but it cuts off fast, as in,, it’s there loud at full detection depth,,,, move the coil away a fraction no fade,,,, just gone.
50 disc seems to take it back to 2 disc, it chatters just the same.
Sorry about that, don’t know why it’s crushed all the columns up.

TerraDigger’s results re-posted from “Teknetics T2 / A Gain Measurement Chart”:

””Keep In Mind Indoor EMI Affects The Depth/Noise Results. Test Is Only To Show How Discrimination Adjustments on T2 Affect The Gain
(or something that acts like gain) Output””

AIR TEST

Model - Teknetics T2/Software version 6.5 (from 6.0 onwards version numbers make no difference in depth according to First Texas Products)
Coin Used - U.S. Quarter - Cupronickel
Coil - 5” DD
Sensitivity - 60
Tone Selection - 4

Discrimination Levels

0 - 9” depth reading (extremely noisy due to EMI & machines internal circuitry noise)
10 - 7” depth reading (approx 50% less noise than 0 disc setting)
21 - 6 ½” depth reading (quiet)
30 - 6” depth reading (quiet)
40 - 6” depth reading (quiet)
49 - 5 ½” depth reading (quiet)
50 - 9” depth reading (this is where another huge increase in Gain occurs, besides the zero setting. Same noise level as 0 disc setting)
60 - 9” depth reading (approx 50% less noise than 50 disc setting)
70 - 8 ½” depth reading (quiet)
80 - 8” depth reading (quiet)

Observation - the Gain does not seem to follow a straight linear output as disc is increased. Notice that from 0-49 disc there is a 3 ½” range in detection depth. From 50-80 disc there is a 1” range.

0r

If you remove the disc 0-9 results from above, there is a 1 ½” depth range between disc 10-49 and a 1” depth range between disc 50-80.

The large gain increase at 50 and the 10-49 disc range has serious implications on how a user sets the discrimination.

Coin specification used in Mal's tests:

Value........5 pence British
Mass.........3.25 g
Diameter...18 mm
Thickness..1.7 mm
Comp........75%.Cu...25%.Ni

Value........5 cents U.S.
Mass.........5.0 g
Diameter...21.21 mm
Thickness..1.95 mm
Comp........75%.Cu...25%.Ni

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2012 05:30AM by TerraDigger.
March 22, 2012 07:21PM
Thanks Terra Digger. No I don't have that info but do now thanks to you.