Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Darn good video on Deus and charts. Pay attention to the last find....

Posted by Detectorist 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Darn good video on Deus and charts. Pay attention to the last find....
March 24, 2012 07:21PM
Where he digs a good, deep target, and after recovery, he only gets an iron signal from the hole.

[garysdetecting.co.uk]
Re: Darn good video on Deus and charts. Pay attention to the last find....
March 24, 2012 07:56PM
I love a lot of aspects regarding the Deus (weighty, recovery speed, iron ability, programability, very forgiving with the settings), but depth is not one of the things that impresses me. If you are hunting in an area with very light trash or iron contamination, then I think getting an audio only hit would work but when there are lots of targets in the ground I just don't see the Deus performing regarding deep targets. My V3i lost it's VID (way too jumpy) at around 7"-8" in my iron mineralized ground and comparing signals to the E-Trac showed they were often (not always) still there, but with all the signals in the ground, you would be hard pressed to actually have the time to find a deep good one. I worry about the Deus in this same regard, though I'm still looking at it due to the weight.

The other question I have regarding the Deus is that 4kHz frequency. From the charts there (and reports=, you can see it isn't the deepest frequency and others have said it also isn't the best frequency on silver (8kHz looks better). I wonder when the 4kHz freq would be the best - on large silver?
Re: Darn good video on Deus and charts. Pay attention to the last find....
March 24, 2012 08:57PM
Is it my imagination or what. I watched the Big Boy's E-Trac vs Deus video. The Trac when its sensitivity was turned up to what it should be, had a really crisp signal. The Deus signal sounded somewhat mushy. It was a co-located target...nail & Merc dime. The Deus sounds like my Omega.