Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Place I like to test detector's (VIDEO)

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Place I like to test detector's (VIDEO)
April 05, 2012 03:22PM
Tried the Hat cam Yesterday...

I uploaded a video to sort of get a feel of what to expect..

Video is long like 45 minute's...But its more of a show of why it's a good place to test...Best place to hunt right now to keep away from turkey hunter's..

I wanted you to se how hard it is to find a signal..Especially with the T2...

Give some feedback on the camera angle...

I will be back in this spot today for some evaluation...

Sorry nothing spectacular was found..just alot of iron falses but I think it will paint a picture..

[youtu.be]

Keith
Re: Place I like to test detector's (VIDEO)
April 05, 2012 04:27PM
Hey Keith,

I'll give you some feedback... (No, I didn't watch the full 45 minutes, jumped around, watched 10 or so minutes (so far).)

First, I like the commentary, quite educational. I just learned about horseshoe - I can't complain. eheh I need to do more commentary in my videos but I tend to edit the videos down short.

Those types of lenses do give a nice perspective. You get to see quite a bit more of the terrain as well as the screen at times. Do you have a glare guard on the T2? The glare, more than the movement, was stopping me from being able to see the screen but glare often can't be stopped anyway. I mic level was near perfect and that is nice, many cameras are really bad there. Just as I started to type "And wind wasn't a problem" I started to hear it! LOL, just like the glare, wind and glare are tough ones. From watching my own videos I have tried when filming to keep the wind to my back.

A few times I thought I was going to fall forward sitting in front of the computer due to that "depth affect" from the lense. Glad I wasn't drinking... ;-)

I really do prefer to see the screen more but that is just a personal preference since my videos are geared to be educational. I just bought a magic arm which allows me to film the screen close up while seeing the coil movement and then can be tilted.

Really nice video and quite educational with all the commentary.

BTW - Did you know the video is privately listed and only those with links can see it? I think some others would like to.

Keep it up,
Albert
April 05, 2012 05:20PM
Thanks Albert!!

Thats the kind of feedback I was looking for...thats why it's so long just wanted to find the strong point's and week point's...

I am not sure on the screen...I guess the sky was reflecting...I probably will have to figure that out...

I got to admit the hands free is the way to go though....

I wish I could get a little more tilt to it..I have to keep my head down....But most of the vid's will be just target recovery not non stop detecting as this one...LOL!

Yes I made it private...did not really think without some sort of understanding what i was trying to accomplish...

Might not leave it up long...

anyone else got any feedback idea's or certain thing's they would like to see in a video...I am all ear's

Keith
April 05, 2012 05:43PM
Looks good Keith, I like that we see just what you are looking at. I would have a problem with that making videos because every lady who rode by would be on the video.....
I have thought about getting one to use with my regular camera and do a picture in a picture. So viewers could see what I usually video and also the detector signals as well.
Looking forward to a hunt video soon.

Tom in SC
April 05, 2012 06:40PM
You sure do dig differently then I do. I would think I would have no arm left after a few holes or would have damaged the target. Our soil is softer but I still try and enjoy my digging as much as I do my hunting. It seems the camera is working out but the sound is over maxed out. But bang for the buck very good deal...So is the T2 a new machine for you...it seems you have a lot of different machine and Nasa Tom tested one of your machines for you and seemed to like it. I am trying to get Tom a Deus so he can test it for all of us and see what he thinks good or bad he is the man to give us the low down..Keep up on your videos enjoy them while I am recovering from the bone marrow transplant..hope to start this hobby up again in Dec...with the Deus and the new Fisher/Tek?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 05, 2012 07:16PM
Heck keep em coming...I learned everything the hard way and we can never learn enough...I once told you your missed your calling and if I owned a detector manufacture company...you would have a prototype before it even hit the bricks....
April 06, 2012 02:17AM
Good video, not bad for a first time out. What type of camera are you using ?
April 06, 2012 07:36PM
Hey Lawrenzo!

Sounds like you are recovering well...!!!

No way to tune the Audio on the camera..But for a Wally world special it sems to get the job done...

No the T2 is a not a new machine actually had a T2 when they first came out and everyone else was saying they were Bounty Hunter Junk LOL!!!
The T2 has been good to me over the year's....Cant complain...Well not too much...

Yes I use alot of different machine's...I find one machine can not do it all...that was one reason the DEUS has piqued my curiosity as a multi replacer...but you never know if we are at the point yet...

Yes the shovel looks very dangerous dont it..LOL..its not too bad ..mos tof the videos it look like I am going down in the ground when actually I am just busting the turf back to get a look at the dirt under it...I may on a ny given day repeat that process over 100 time's in a productive site...I have dig for so many years with those thing's you actulllay wear the blade all the way to a nub but they become an extention of your arm...I know when to slow down and when to cut a bigger hole around object when necessary for the most part....a hand trowel or knife when trying to break that red clay is very hard but necessary in some sites where target chasing is not available...

Get well and get strong...

Keith
April 06, 2012 07:42PM
It's a Wal-Mart find...

it's made by Midland radio's...

They seem to be trying to break into the niche market of head cam's at a fair price...

One thing about Midland is they always have seemed to make good electronic equipment at a realistic price point...Hope the camera holds up...

they have a few model's...the line is XTC There's the 100 standard def................the 200 720p high def ......................and the 300 1080p high def..

Mine is the 200 ...cost like $89.00

Thanks

Keith