Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Looks like I've got 3 detectors coming...

Posted by Detectorist 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Looks like I've got 3 detectors coming...
April 06, 2012 07:45PM
F75SE w/3 coils, F70, Omega with 10" and 11" coils.

After reading Daniel's post on the Omega with 11" coil, I just might sell the f70 first.

The F75SE looks to be a depth demon.
Re: Looks like I've got 3 detectors coming...
April 06, 2012 07:51PM
F75 SE is a hoss!

You will like it very much...

Keith
April 06, 2012 07:55PM
If you are a relic guy then keep the F75 SE but if you are after coins, I would keep the Omega. Anway, if you need money, the F75 will get you a lot more...
April 06, 2012 08:06PM
earthmansurfer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you are a relic guy then keep the F75 SE but
> if you are after coins, I would keep the Omega.
> Anway, if you need money, the F75 will get you a
> lot more...
I like both types of detecting.
April 06, 2012 08:19PM
What is your ground like? I found the Omega did MUCH better in my semi iron mineralized ground than my T2 did. It wasn't as sensitive on the small stuff but it did ok on general relics.
April 06, 2012 09:08PM
I don't know? But I need to . . .

So please clue me in . . . I depend on you guys and Tom <#%^&?!>

The F 75 SE is not so hot for coins? . . . how about silver & gold jewelery?
April 06, 2012 09:38PM
earthmansurfer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is your ground like? I found the Omega did
> MUCH better in my semi iron mineralized ground
> than my T2 did. It wasn't as sensitive on the
> small stuff but it did ok on general relics.

The ground is mild here in Missouri. It registers from 56-60 on the Omega.
April 06, 2012 10:22PM
I get 91 - 93 on my AT Pro here in MD so . . . what is that?
Red Hot? or Super Mild?
April 07, 2012 07:46AM
Detectorist Wrote:
>
> The ground is mild here in Missouri. It registers
> from 56-60 on the Omega.

The ground readings can be decieving. My Omega said GB was 65 and only had one or two bars on the Fe3O4. I don't think that is very bad??? My V3i said 1%-3% mineralization BUT said of that 1%-3% mineralization it was iron saturated. The Omega still had a pretty stable VID in the ground though. I never got to test it on deeper targets, wish I had. Judging by the incredible jumpiness of the V3i's numbers, me never digging coins beyond 5" or so with my old T2, I would say the iron mineralization is enough to really affect most detectors but clearly not terrible.
April 07, 2012 12:04PM
I think the Omega is the sleeper of the bunch. Everyone that has tried it and didn't like it, had only ran it with the 10" concentric coil. I don't like it with that coil either. I was mucho surprised with how much it came to life by just going to the 11" DD. Overall the F75 is the deeper of the two per audio only signal but in my particular soil the Omega is IDing more correctly and deeper than either F75 or T2....which makes it way more efficient in trashy areas where you might rely on ID more.

On the down side...I took it to a local site yesterday where an older home had been torn down and bulldozed around. My buddies had been finding war relics and it is loaded with iron. I took the Omega there and eTrac with the Sunray X5 coil. The Omega seemed very prone to falsing in the iron...I would get a deep sounding high chirp and good VDI...then dig only to find it disappeared...put it in all metal and it be deeper iron that had fooled it until the coil got closer to it. I quickly learned to check from 90 degrees to see if it was consistent or disappeared....I might have wrongly assumed the disappearing ones were iron but it was so bad I struggled to find a spot to GB in. My eTrac with small coil didn't help either...nulled the whole time and would false as well. The only two machines that did OK were a buddy's Tek G2...and a XTerra with 18khz coil. Both are running high freq and didn't false as bad from the iron....relics weren't deep just masked really bad.
April 07, 2012 03:50PM
Daniel - Agreed with the Omega, damn great unit, not even for the money, just period.

How is it that a higher frequency unit falses on iron more than a lower? I thought higher frequencies respond better to iron (is that why? They "ID" it better).

Regarding the E-Trac and iron, scroll down this thread I started on Finds and look at the pattern this guy created! He said it really helps with nulling. I will try it just to try it.

[www.findmall.com]
April 07, 2012 05:45PM
I was saying their units with higher frequency was doing better in the iron...LESS falsing. It sure seemed that way. The G2 was doing well picking out the non ferrous. I got called over to check one signal my buddy had. I could get the signal but it sounded the same as every other signal that seemed like it was every few inches at this site. Was a carved minie just a few inches deep. His G2 was quieter but really made the non ferrous stand out. I think coil for coil the Omega is deeper than it but the G2 better in iron.