Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 SE problem?

Posted by NorthernDave 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 SE problem?
May 01, 2012 05:27PM
Hi tom and everyone, i'm relatively new to metal detecting started Jan this year, started off with the 1236x2 then got addicted so purchased the F75 SE.
This metal detector is awsome i'm finding all sorts of things, it's very tempremental but with minor adjustments your back hunting again
I am currently having a problem with the F75 after long durations say after 8-10 hrs use it just turns itself off, nothing, completely dead, i turn on/off swith, nothing, then remove batteries leave for a while, nothing, then, she turns back on, is anyone else having this problem?
I paid £990 for this machine so if it's faulty and shouldn't be happening i will get a replacement asap,, please let me know.. thanks.
Re: F75 SE problem?
May 01, 2012 05:48PM
Have you tried new batteries?

Tom in SC
May 01, 2012 06:19PM
Try a different brand of batteries.

I have had 4 AA batteries measure very good on a digital volt meter....... and ...... yet...... ONE of the batteries would not carry a load of any form. This can not simply be measured with a digital volt meter.............. so........... the issue was not readily apparent. In the metal detector........ when the unit was turned on........ this one particular battery would go to 0-VDC.
May 01, 2012 07:00PM
I use Duracell, the battery level on the detector measures 2, i will try what you say and change them anyway, thankyou both for your quick replies :-)
May 01, 2012 08:35PM
Hi Dave....welcome to the forum.

I experienced the same problem when prospecting this past autumn. And I thought "Oh no...this is all I need out here in the middle of nowhere". But I found at least one of the batteries was not properly seated after a lot of use. It would work fine initially but then jiggle loose. The answer... those cloth battery tabs used to pull out the batteries...one of them was getting in the way of a perfect battery connection. I simply straightened them out and voila... everything worked fine from that point forward... this could possibly be something for you to check too.

Jim.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2012 08:41PM by HumblePie.
May 02, 2012 06:59AM
Thanks mate