Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tom check this rig out

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tom check this rig out
May 04, 2012 01:18AM
Hey Tom i wanted you to see what OBN (Joe) uses to do air tests. I found it an interesting set up. EMI and sweep swing might affect the results.... what other factors can you think of? Id like to put one of those together with any changes you suggest that could improve my results: [www.treasurenet.com] Whats the pros and cons to a test garden.... besides the obvious minerals.

Dew
Re: Tom check this rig out
May 04, 2012 01:31AM
At one time I had an Amp for the Sovereign. I sold it to OBN. Maybe he got the idea from here.

Maybe you can pick up an extra pointer.

[www.youtube.com]
May 04, 2012 11:39AM
Noooo i was talking about the wood set up with the swingging stick. I know the amp is interesting, but i liked what appeared to be an accurate determination for depth and very simple.

Dew
May 04, 2012 11:45AM
Yes the guy uses a swinging stick here also. He also mounts the coil.
May 04, 2012 01:21PM
First........... I could hardly hear the audio responses to many of the targets. And to detect those targets in the real world with such faint audio reports........ amongst real-world background noise,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, real-world results may not be the same.

Many times......... the target was swept in a arc fashion............ not always parallel to the coil.
Many times......... the target was not quite over the TDC (top dead center) of the coil.

WHO WAS IT on this forum.......... maybe a few months ago........... of whom had wooden boxes constructed......... with real dirt inside.......... and PVC tubes inserted into the side of the box(s) at varying depths......... and you could insert wooden dowels (with targets) into the PVC tubes .... for detection measurement(s). If someone finds this thread with video..... give it a 'bump' to the top of this forum. THIS system is a much more scientific validated methodology. I believe there were two videos.
May 04, 2012 05:59PM
I took a look at that posts Tom, thanks. Now that makes a lot of sense.

Dew