Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

minlab vlf?

Posted by Brianthemic 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
minlab vlf?
May 09, 2012 02:08AM
just wondering if minelab has a vlf detector that is worth the money or is there something better out there then vlf? if there is what is it and what should i be looking for?
Re: minlab vlf?
May 09, 2012 02:48AM
or should i not even worry about vlf and focus on another form of detector? i have a vlf detector now and it works pretty well but looking into an upgrade and wanted to do some research on what the best buy would be and the best detector to get. i dont get into relic hunting but love coinshooting,and the pioneer 505 i have does ok but looking into something that has a better id system as well as depth.
May 09, 2012 03:50AM
Brianthemic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> or should i not even worry about vlf and focus on
> another form of detector? i have a vlf detector
> now and it works pretty well but looking into an
> upgrade and wanted to do some research on what the
> best buy would be and the best detector to get. i
> dont get into relic hunting but love
> coinshooting,and the pioneer 505 i have does ok
> but looking into something that has a better id
> system as well as depth.

how deep, what kind of spots do you hunt, where do you live(bad ground or good), specifics will get you the proper advice.
May 09, 2012 02:13PM
ok well i havnt found any coins below 10 inches and i live in illinois. i have only been hunting in two parks that have alot of pop cans and pop tabs in. dont really know mineral content or anything like that. sorry still new to the hobby so i dont really know that much. i tend to search with full discrimination on and still get garbage that makes it thrue. i do hunt in the woods in the local park if that matters.
May 09, 2012 08:16PM
The Exterra Series is a great step up from the unit you have. Lots of flexablity with multi-freq coils to use and they come in all sizes. A great coin and ring MD for parks or fields. The 705 is the one I had and it was even good at the beach. Couldnt go wrong for the money.