Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher better hurry as we are all

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher better hurry as we are all
May 10, 2012 11:32PM
going to be out of money. come on Fisher get with the program and release the new CZ???????
Re: Fisher better hurry as we are all
May 13, 2012 01:12AM
excellent point! once the minelab is purchased,
"slush" funds will disappear,along with marriages!
he ehe he!.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
May 13, 2012 02:35AM
Gee I wouldn't be in a hurry until some reports start filtering in....Same old story don't buy a new model car until they get the bugs ironed out..

Lets hope Fisher learned from Garrett with the AT-pro and have all the bugs ironed out..Wow lately so many new detectors and only so much bucks to go around....
PS: if Sonny sells two more items going to have to get a license...just kidding Sonny and honestly hope you are one of the first as from you would expect a super field report.
May 13, 2012 06:45AM
Would rather see them be patient and make it great, as to rush it and make it a lemon.
May 13, 2012 12:47PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Would rather see them be patient and make it
> great, as to rush it and make it a lemon.

Definitely Daniel but at the same time there is only so much one can do with a few testers and engineers. Get the hardware right first, that is the last thing you want a problem with - very costly. But with regards to the software end of things, having USB updatability is HUGE. The Deus showed us that and now the CTX will allow for that as well. That means not only can things be enhanced, but making a "repair" is not such a terrible burden anymore. (We just call it an enhancement ;-)

So, to release e.g. The new Fisher CZ at 95% and then using the feedback from THOUSANDS of users, one can get that machine just right. To try to do that with a handful of testers and engineers in just a few different locations, now that is tougher. If it means we can get that machine 6 months - 12 months sooner, then I'm all for it (again, ship it functionally fine).
May 13, 2012 03:11PM
I don't believe FTP is under any pressure to release a new product. They may only (self-impose) internal pressure.............. but the outside world has no bearing upon release of a new product. This is a much better guideline upon which to work/function.
May 13, 2012 03:31PM
We have to realize every company appeals to certain segments of the hobby and of course have to make a profit to survive and they all do it to their own cadence.

Retooling, advancement, new technology all come at a cost which has to be passed onto the consumer.

As an example lets look at Tesoro they make a good solid product, excellent service after the sale and above all they work well for many and well prices are more in line for the average Joe and heck they haven't come out with a new unit for years so whatever works.

Certainly nothing against the other companies as many fine units out there to choose from and certainly speak from experience as I have used a lot of them.
May 13, 2012 07:02PM
Sadly though....Fisher/First Texas are the only company that I have consistently had warranty issues with on machines. In my other adventures, I had a battery charger go bad for my TDI from Whites and they sent me a new one no questions asked. With Fisher though, I've had several machines bad out of the box. Had two Excel IDs that were bad...number jibberish and distorted numbers and such...they had me send my first one in via them paying for the shipping label and they sent me a brand new one at the same time so that I would have less down time...and the unit they sent me was doing the same thing the first one did. Was some kind of glitch in them. Then had a coil go bad on an F-75 that must have got moisture in it. Had a camo F75 that was bad out of the box...wouldn't GB. Then most recently, the Omega that they ended up having to replace the headphone jack on it twice. Had a CZ-20 thrown in the mix that would work for a few minutes and then start giving the belltone overload sound non stop....had to turn it off and back on again to get it to quit. Also have a 1265-X that started going nuts one day...couldn't figure it out. Then we took it to a local dealer who turned it on and knew exactly what it was....on the inside of the control box was a paper clip that held one particular wire away from the other wires...that paper clip had came loose allowing the wire to go near the other wires and was causing it to interfere with them or something.

Seems like when you get a good one though, it stays a good one. But as far as problem child machines go...I've had more problems with them than any other brand I've had. They always take care of it, but its still aggravating.
May 13, 2012 07:49PM
I have to agree Whites has about the best service out there. As far as Minelab I wouldn't know as my E-trac has been rock solid since day one. But if it has problems at least I live only 20 minutes from the repair facilty so I could just drop it off and pick it up to save on shipping. Hopefully I won't ever have too. That could be a deciding factor on there new machine if I hit the lotto and buy one. LOL!
May 14, 2012 03:07AM
Daniel Tn = Hence the legitimate justification // rationale as to "why" I must validate and 'certify' each and every unit that I sell. This is to include a full battery of controlled environment scientific testing............ (hundreds of test-points/data-points............. too long to list)........ so as to verify "per engineering design intent". Once the perfected Dave Johnson design is handed over to the 'mass production run' assembly line ......... things can happen. This issue is NOT specific only to FTP. . . . . and it is NOT specific to any metal detector Mfr; rather, is somewhat common with any electronic (or otherwise) assembly product/plant.
I truly like to see "per engineering design" product in folks hands........... so they too....can experience 'design intent'. It's (usually) an 'eye-opener'.
May 14, 2012 03:17AM
I don't understand why Fisher, or any other detector company, cannot develop a Quality Plan that includes sufficient final product testing such that further validation to guarantee design intent is unnecessary. Car dealers don't test drive new cars off the truck to validate performance; robust quality systems at the factory give confidence that the cars perform as they are designed.

I don't understand why all MD companies are not ISO 9001 certified. Top management seems to condone such loose design/manufacturing processes.
Tri
May 14, 2012 12:06PM
Patience is a virtue.