Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

XP Deus frenzy

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
XP Deus frenzy
May 26, 2012 08:52PM
certainly has slowed down , almost could say stopped. Most likely because of all the stir about the ctx 3030....
Re: XP Deus frenzy
May 26, 2012 09:22PM
Sonny I noticed this as well for a while the only thing anyone was talking about was the XP Deus. I have also noticed that this may be the best time ever to buy a used Etrac. I think there are a lot Minelab users thinking my used Etrac plus $1000 or a little more equals a CTX3030. I have to say I would be thinking the same thing. But for me more like how much plus my Safari equals an Etrac smiling smiley

sonny(IN) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> certainly has slowed down , almost could say
> stopped. Most likely because of all the stir
> about the ctx 3030....
May 26, 2012 09:27PM
And the same trend will repeat when the new Fisher hits the market.....

Tom in SC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2012 09:27PM by tmanly.
May 26, 2012 09:29PM
I think the new Minelab has certainly put a new wrinkle into many new detector plans. Minelab has a very loyal following here in America. I know what the Deus can do in the dirt. It seperates targets very very well. Can the new Minelab do as good of a job? We will see. I realize that the testers and dealers have a vested interest into promoting the new Minelab. But there are men on this forum and others that will give a very honest and precise review of the 3030. For the price I hope Minelab has rocked the detecting world. And I am a Deus owner.
May 26, 2012 11:49PM
Funny thing... the exact same thing is happening to the CTX3030 as did the Deus. People who have never touched it are slamming the unit before its even on sale to the public. I truly believe it will be an outstanding unit. Maybe not what everyone wants or needs but Minelab is no slouch in the detector department. Time will tell.

"Happy hunting" - Schultzie
May 27, 2012 09:04AM
not in the UK ,Deus is still king of sales for top of range as seen at rallies and club digs ,once you see one in action you want one .
the price difference is the factor .600 more for the CTX is a barrier
May 27, 2012 12:02PM
I think that in a lot of cases we here in America are spoiled and want instant gratification .......We want bigger , faster, newer , deeper, etc ....... This is almost always included in the " NEXT BEST THING " ........ Forums are great for spreading HYPE !!...... HEAR SAY !!.....How many on this forum have actually used a CTX before they bought it ? ....... Anytime you have a product that nobody has used extensively, or not at all , you will have HYPE and it does nothing more than bring out people that will praise a machine, and others that will bad mouth a machine ...... I bought most of my machines because they were already proven machines .....I have also learned these machines to the point where I know what they will do in most circumstances with many different settings ..... I also try unorthodox settings to see how they differer ..... There are so many ways to skin a cat so to speak ...... I have gotten better results in a lot of cases on the same machine that others have , simply because I have taken the time to think out of the box and EXPERIMENT with different settings ..... Remeber , the settings listed in manuals are RECCOMENDED settings .....If these were the same for every area and in every case , why do they give you a range of adjustments on your detector ? ...... I have gone back to the old simple analogue machines that have already been documented , and have tried other settings on them with much success ......The point I am trying to make here is one that I have learned over the years ....I use to look for a machine that would go the deepest ....Now I look for a machine that can discriminate the best and hanlde masking the best ....If it givese me more depth too , all the better ......I also spend more time learning my macine .....This is the BIG story here .....LEARN YOUR MACHINE !!!......Try everything and as many adjustments as you have , try every adjustment on them ......You might just get the shock of your detecting life !!..... JIm
May 27, 2012 12:22PM
Speculation and opinions go together.... otherwise no one would be pointing out weak areas which get people to think before they bust out that ball of cash. Negitive comments serve a purpose.... companies dont like it it reduces projected sales. However, if its a good product then it will prove its self. I think a good debate brings out issues ..... good and bad that people didnt think about. It appears to me the 3030s attempt to replace several machines have is interesting. The Deus and other new machines still has limited use to us considering the price.

Dew