Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

hobby on hold

Posted by Brianthemic 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
hobby on hold
May 31, 2012 09:51PM
unfortunatly in life you are thrown curvballs. and since my wife has lost her job i am going to hafta put this hobby on hold. sad smiley i have 2 weeks left to hunt befor i hafta take on more hours at work, and unfortunatly with the added stress on my paycheck i wont be able to afford anything better then my pioneer 505. hopefully in the future i can pick this hobby back up and get into a safari or etrac. i hope lol
Re: hobby on hold
May 31, 2012 11:12PM
Don't know how old your are but imagine hopefully things will straigthen out...I don't know how you fellas still working and raising a family do it. With the long hours I worked raising a family didn't have much free time or bucks to support this hobby...Don't wish your life away into retirement but once the bug bites rel the hobby somewhere down along the road you will be swinging again...We all have crosses to carry in life and some are heavier than others so wish you luck and hope the load lightens...
May 31, 2012 11:52PM
I have a hunting buddy who gets plenty of swinging time. He bought a used ACE250 and so far his best find is a rectangulay C.S.A. belt plte that he was offered $1400 for. He's like me and doesn't sell his finds. He puts in big garden, works (house painter) 8 hrs a day. Goes to church three times a week. And still has time to devote more than enough time. He's married and has a teenage sone that hunts with him sometime. Sometime I hunt with him. It was HIS ACE250 that got me hooked on the hobby. So...be of good cheer. You will find time even if ya have to make time. I am sorry to hear of your wife's losing her job.
June 01, 2012 12:51AM
Never leave yourself without a stress relief. Yes there are responsibilities and bills. You don't need a top of the line detector to make good finds. It doesn't cost a cent to plan for the future. Research and get permission for down the road. A great site trumps an expensive detector every time. Money is getting tight for many out there. You are not alone.
June 01, 2012 03:21PM
Brian, I have been exactly where you are now.
During that time I did a lot of research online and swinging an inexpensive detector. I found lots of "great" stuff and it helped me to blow off steam. Goodmore is right, you have to have an outlet. Be sure to set aside some time, even if it's just an hour or two a week, just to exhale.
Through 20 years of marriage and two kids if I haven't learned anything else I have learned this; If you have your priorities in order, a tenacious attitude and the right partner, things will work out in the long run.
When my daughter was born we got WIC to help with the grocery bill and had TENNCARE (state funded insurance). My wife was able to get grants and student loans to go back to school and eventually earned a bachelor and two masters degrees. After the Army, I took any job I could find and worked my way into an engineering position. During those times my greatest asset and what kept me going was my wife and I like to think I did the same for her.
If the two of you decide that you are going to make it no matter what and lean on each other during the tough times eventually you will come out on top and be stronger for the climb.
June 01, 2012 03:43PM
I have been fighting cancer to five years getting chemo on and off for five years worked full time and still found detecting the only way to remove the stress if only for a few hours a week. I just had a bone marrow transplant at Stanford and have not been able to detect since Dec and it will be another year before I can play in the dirt. I read the forums and what new detectors are coming out and can only hope I will be able to detect again and get back some of my youth. Hang in there we are all pulling for you and the rest of us that have to deal with what life drops into our lives.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 01, 2012 05:14PM
well i still plan on doing some detecting but with 7 days a week working wont have alot of time. but thanks for the thoughts everybody i appreciate them, and yes life is a wild ride you never know what its going to hand you. and lawrenzo i hope all works for you and that you have many many days left to detecting and long years ahead. i remember my grandpa going thrue that at 60 years old. bad deal but it brought all of our family closer together and i wish you only the best.
June 02, 2012 03:49PM
Brian, I take care of my daughter 24/7 and work full time and a house husband, what that means I clean and do all the work at home because my wife works far away, when I lived in NH, I use to hunt a lot 7 days a week 2 to 3 times a day, since moving to Maine, I'm lucky if I go out on weekends, it's tough to adjust when you are an addict, but be patient til things get back to normal, one suggestion , tell your wife to go out and swing in the yard, plant a couple of things for her to find, the fresh air will keep her mind from caving in, you will get thru it, believe it or not, some of us hunters stop hunting for 5 months in the winter, every year URGH!! IT CAN BE DONE smiling smiley