Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hows your customer service?

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Hows your customer service?
June 24, 2012 12:39PM
It appears Fisher is catching a little flack: [metaldetectingforum.com] Ive been giving ML some press as well with my Xcal having to go back a second time. My dealer has been a great help. I think my biggest disappointment was the way i got talked down to or like id never used a detector before. Things like it worked fine when it left here, you have it on upside down (knowing i didnt), or your wrong thats the correct size cable.... when its put on its obviously 3 inches to short as i showed them in a photo. None the less ..... we love our machines. They dont realize..... its the down time we dont like. You think word of mouth dont hurt sales: [metaldetectingforum.com]

Dew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2012 01:47PM by dewcon4414.
Re: Hows your customer service?
June 24, 2012 02:08PM
Unfortunately some companies have trained pro's that know their product and will connect you to a tech if needed and some well have people that answer telephones.

Indeed service after the sale is what keeps many loyal to one brand.

Always remember talking to the old Minelab and when a female answered the phone I wondered and when I asked her if she detected she said sir have been detecting 30 years and if I don't have the answer I will connect you to someone that does which certainly set me back on my heels but I knew here was service after the sale..
Unfortunately I believe the woman no longer works for Minelab...and yes the woman in question was a big help....
June 24, 2012 05:15PM
Not intending to hi jack a thread....in fact, I think that it is a partial answer to the title of the thread: Hello???!!!! XP Detectors out of France????!!!!! Are you going to be there when I need you????? When/if my wireless headphones succumb to being used properly, but regularly??? Are you going to replace them for me for free???? Quickly?? Or if the battery in my coil gives up the ghost, will I have to wait weeks and months to get the simple job fixed and sent back quickly?????? Think hard about customer service!!! It seems not to bode well for those companies who are slack concerning Customer Service. I would think about that if I was you!!! So far, your product (XP Deus) has proven durable but I have only had you a month or a little more. If and when I need you, will you be there???? I will be reporting how XP Customer Service performs on the forums. People read the forums. Your Customer Service will be your Achilles heel. You doing or undoing.
So far, I love the XP Deus. And I use it almost daily. I kep the headphones in their little plastic case. I do everything right so I won't be without it. But when that DAY comes, that I have to ship my Deus to parts unknown, I will be watching how it all works. But take heart XP, if your Customer Service is anything like the quality of your product, then I have nothing to worry about. And I STILL assert that this is the best detector that I have ever owned. Ergonomically, and performance-wise.
Thanks to the original poster for starting this thread. We, the consumer, should stick together as there is power in numbers. And even the Internet opens the door to some evils, it still can be used as a force for GOOD!!!!!! And GOOD SHALL PREVAIL!!!!!!!
June 24, 2012 07:58PM
Dan i think you are talking about Susan..... she was sharp. They just kind of dismissed her and a couple of the chief repair crew. Must have been cheaper to go to "cannablization" from older units they have laying around than wait on parts. NCR used that method to fix their cash registers quick in lieu of you spending 5 hours on site..... throw another board in till you found the right one then leave. Sure made you look good.... in an out and it worked thats all the manager cared about. BUT.... you took those old boards home and repaired them on your time. You really have to know that those items you grab were working properly before you use them.

Dew
June 25, 2012 12:28AM
Minelab USA has an a$$ working there. The female that works there is great, the male is a complete jerk. I wonder why minelab hired that schmuck.
June 25, 2012 12:57PM
Hes not real good at telling you to go to hell and look forward to the trip is he? I wonder what percentage of sales the US is? We think we have it bad.... how would you like living in South America having to send it to Ill..... or Africa to Ireland. Those companies who do mostly business and repairs here in the US should take note. ML repairs take heat as do their machines....but are are still top of the line or people wouldnt always be using them as a comparison. Any repair complaints needs to go back to the assembly plant..... who gets aways scott free from taking public heat.

Dew
June 25, 2012 02:36PM
The one time I need to send in a detector for service was with Tesoro and they were great about it. Turned out the detector was fine. I had a setting completely wrong.
June 25, 2012 04:20PM
You just can't beat Whites service. I've had more "no charge" service than what I have paid for. You get to talk to a polite real person and they are quick.