Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Park hunting with GMP

Posted by tmanly 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Park hunting with GMP
June 26, 2012 12:18PM
The Goldmaxx Power is a great relic machine. The fast response and seperation is almost perfect for busy areas. BUT, I decided to take it out to a local park and see if I could also use it for coin hunting.
I decided to use S&S to decide to dig or not. ( S&S Size and Signal) I would only dig small targets with high tones. Because of the heat I only stayed for about 45 minutes. With a little practice, this unit
makes a great coin shooter. I did dig about three junk targets but felt I knew they had an iffy signal band could not pass them up. I found several penny's , a couple of dimes and a .925 silver heart ring.
I will post photos later of the finds.

I was able to pickup a set of the WS3 wireless headphones and these are well worth the effort to aquire but I am not too sure about the new price of a set. They are very sharp and no delay at all on the signals.
The only issue that I have found so far is that when you turn them on, they are at max volume and if you do not remember to turn them down , they will blast your ears.

My settings were:

Phases shift Channel 1
Iron threshold 50%
silencer 0
sens 80%
iron volume 10%

I am now looking for a used 5X10 coil for the unit. The GMP does not have a display but there is so much information in just the tones. Depth, size, metal and the high freq. lets you hit the smallest targets.

Tom in SC
Re: Park hunting with GMP
June 26, 2012 01:20PM
Agree. The XP GMP is spectacular.

Time permitting........ reports to follow.
June 26, 2012 08:39PM
Here are a couple of photos.

[i1140.photobucket.com]

[i1140.photobucket.com]

Tom in SC
June 27, 2012 04:29PM
Is the XPGMP in the states yet?
June 27, 2012 04:46PM
Not at this time, but there are rumors that it will be here. FCC has it held up with regulations.

Tom in SC
June 27, 2012 06:28PM
If it's not in the states, were did Tom and Keith get their's? Is the fcc regulations only applied to the wireless headphones?

You done't often hear Tom use the work spectacular. Can't wait for his full report, especially on it's ability in Parks.
June 27, 2012 09:18PM
I know one thing Tom especially in your area detectorists to come won't have to worry about digging pennies.

That ring should clean up good as they discolor like that in harsh wet ground..