Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Global warming is here...

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Global warming is here...
July 05, 2012 01:28PM
Certainly a truism judging by the lack of snow and extreme cold weather last winter and now summer has started with a bang scorching the U.S.......highest temps I can remember especially in the evening when it usually cools down. Hope the electric grids hold up....
Re: Global warming is here...
July 05, 2012 03:02PM
If this isn't global warming I hope I'm dead before we have it. I've been on vacation all week held prisoner by the air conditioning. The lawn is brown again. My dirt is hard. I see no detecting in the next couple of weeks. I went to Cape May on a night hunt. I scooped one silver ring with gold plated leaves. There are people in the mid Atlantic still with no power. I feel so sorry for them. Man oh man. I thought I would never look forward to Summer ending.
jrk
July 05, 2012 03:15PM
Like to think I'm tough enough winking smiley, but this just sucks. I cannot remember Richmond VA this damn hot. Chomping at the bit to run the Deus, but took 30 minutes to dig a very deep water pipe the other day and I just said screw it. Just glad power is finally back on.

And I don't even feel like throwing a Senko or hitting a 7 iron into a green!

Randy
July 05, 2012 03:16PM
The University of South Carolina in Columbia recorded 113F last Friday, breaking a state record that stood for over fifty years.

100F is the new normal down here.
July 05, 2012 05:13PM
I've known things were a-changin' when the Armadillos began to show up here in Kansas about 15 years ago. Now I am told we are losing our beloved Cottonwood trees due to warmer Fall temperatures. Next, I expect to see alligators in the Arkansas river!

Pinpoint twice, dig once
July 06, 2012 01:36AM
I'll make yall feel better.... I'm a roofer...so I've been burning to a crisp for 22 years now....no a.c. on a roof,lol.
July 06, 2012 01:40AM
Oh my! I was driving home last Friday when I saw a crew re-roofing my neighbor's home. It was 108F.

Gotta be the toughest job out there...
July 06, 2012 02:20AM
Worked road construction for a couple of yrs. Working behind an asphalt machine and laying between 2 and 3 miles a day is pretty warm also.
July 06, 2012 02:25AM
Hey Mike, I did that job working summers in college! No matter how hard you tried to prevent it, hot asphalt always seemed to get into your boot.

It's been over 30 years since I last burned my foot!