Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

General Rules for Find's Treasure Forums

Posted by go-rebels 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
General Rules for Find's Treasure Forums
July 04, 2012 08:02PM
You know I was going to post the rules regarding links to youtube videos but I figured the Guv would get upset... so... being careful not to rile-up the Guv , I posted his rules instead. I figure these won't last more than a few days on Findmall (General Interest Forum) so I'd archive them for All:

[www.findmall.com]

1. Don't post links to non-advertising merchants on your posts. If it's some weird item that you think will help the community and is not offered here please ask. [like... screen savers]

2. Don't post videos or links to videos with advertising on the video. [don't post links that have links to other sites that link to other sites]

3. Don't be trying to send messages to other members to sell or solicit. [Don't be trying...]

4. Always read the top of any forum you visit for any special rules or regulations that might apply to only that forum. [But I always have the right to delete your accont.]

5. If I appear to be wrong about something see rule 6. [See rule #6}]

6. I'm never wrong about anything.

7. Be respectful of other posters. You cannot see the tongue in cheek that might have been present when they wrote a post you find offensive. Give them the benefit of the doubt. [Sure...]

8. If you don't understand the term "tongue in cheek" ask someone or hit search engine.

9. The moderators are not paid here so don't be thinking they are here for you to abuse. They are volunteering usually due to the fact they are just totally into metal detecting and like to help people.

10. If something isn't clear please ask before reacting. [Please wait 30 days for a response]

11. If you have a great experience with a seller here please put it on the FEEDBACK Forum. Not the regular forums. [Who cares? +response is +response]

12. No selling on the regular forums. We have a Classified Detector Forum as well as a Detector Accessory Classified Forum and a General Classified Forum. We have it covered so please adhere to our system. [But there are other rules (don't use the letter "e", so please be careful]

The administrators at this time are myself, Bill F, Mr. Bill, Freddie Black and Randy (Digger) If you need to know who a moderator on a forum is please contact one of us. [wow... down to (5)... gotta be tough being the Guv...]

Thanks,

Guvner..

Now don't be confused with the "Announcements" [www.findmall.com] (different rule-set here). That's where all the rules are posted, at least for this week (psst.... don't publicly ask about them: that's where you get your account deleted): [www.findmall.com] (It's a one minute read, assuming the link is still active.)

So, if you post a link to a youtube video, and the link has an advert on the right side on your moniter, and takes to you an electronics store that sells capacitors ... and KelloCo doesn't sell 6.4K Ohm capacitors, and you might spend $1 on that capacitor.... and you might find that that $8 coil cover is $1 over your budget you planned to spend at DelMarco Detectors...........................you might not buy that capacitor........................and your findmall account is deleted, don't blame the Guv; he's got his bases covered.

There was a big debate about this yesterday on the Findmall CTX forum........... alas, all deleted to the wind, with it's usual casualties...

Well, it's more entertaining than debating Affordable Health Care...
Re: General Rules for Find's Treasure Forums
July 04, 2012 10:58PM
Im not certain what this post has to do with metal detecting or what we can learn from your post. Im on many of the forums and try to avoid the drama. It serves no purpose to flame the fires between the two sites.

Dew
July 04, 2012 11:10PM
Go-Rebels, give it up already! We ALL can stipulate that you and the Guv don't like each other and never will get a long. Stop posting your crap about HIS site here.... we simply don't want to hear it!!! He has rules and we ALL must follow them like it or not. That's life, get over it. Until he charges me or anyone to post on HIS site, we don't have a leg to stand on.
changed my mind,wont be a part of it.
July 04, 2012 11:18PM
thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2012 02:36AM by seeker41.
July 05, 2012 01:09AM
go-rebels Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You know I was going to post the rules regarding
> links to youtube videos but I figured the Guv
> would get upset... so... being careful not to
> rile-up the Guv , I posted his rules instead. I
> figure these won't last more than a few days on
> Findmall (General Interest Forum) so I'd archive
> them for All:
>
> [www.findmall.com]
> 9
>
> 1. Don't post links to non-advertising merchants
> on your posts. If it's some weird item that you
> think will help the community and is not offered
> here please ask.
>
> 2. Don't post videos or links to videos with
> advertising on the video.
>
> 3. Don't be trying to send messages to other
> members to sell or solicit.
>
> 4. Always read the top of any forum you visit for
> any special rules or regulations that might apply
> to only that forum.
>
> 5. If I appear to be wrong about something see
> rule 6.
>
> 6. I'm never wrong about anything.
>
> 7. Be respectful of other posters. You cannot see
> the tongue in cheek that might have been present
> when they wrote a post you find offensive. Give
> them the benefit of the doubt.
>
> 8. If you don't understand the term "tongue in
> cheek" ask someone or hit search engine.
>
> 9. The moderators are not paid here so don't be
> thinking they are here for you to abuse. They are
> volunteering usually due to the fact they are just
> totally into metal detecting and like to help
> people.
>
> 10. If something isn't clear please ask before
> reacting.
>
> 11. If you have a great experience with a seller
> here please put it on the FEEDBACK Forum. Not the
> regular forums.
>
> 12. No selling on the regular forums. We have a
> Classified Detector Forum as well as a Detector
> Accessory Classified Forum and a General
> Classified Forum. We have it covered so please
> adhere to our system.
>
> The administrators at this time are myself, Bill
> F, Mr. Bill, Freddie Black and Randy (Digger) If
> you need to know who a moderator on a forum is
> please contact one of us.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Guvner..
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Now don't be confused with the "Announcements"
> [www.findmall.com] (different
> rule-set here). That's where all the rules are
> posted, at least for this week (psst.... don't
> publicly ask about them: that's where you get your
> account deleted):
> [www.findmall.com] (It's a one
> minute read, assuming the link is still active.)
>
> So, if you post a link to a youtube video, and the
> link has an advert on the right side on your
> moniter, and takes to you an electronics store
> that sells capacitors ... and KelloCo doesn't sell
> 6.4K Ohm capacitors, and you might spend $1 on
> that capacitor.... and you might find that that $8
> coil cover is $1 over your budget you planned to
> spend at DelMarco
> Detectors...........................you might not
> buy that capacitor........................and your
> findmall account is deleted, don't blame the Guv;
> he's got his bases covered.
>
> There was a big debate about this yesterday on the
> Findmall CTX forum........... alas, all deleted to
> the wind, with it's usual casualties...
>
> Well, it's more entertaining than debating
> Affordable Health Care...

waaaaaah! i want to debate affordable health care !it's NOT a tax!
it's a penalty! NO it's a tax! NOT a penalty! ehe! he he! ehe! (lol!)
waaaaaah! (w.t.f!) as others have said,let it go! no body cares about
the so called "guv" and his" half *ss" rules!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
July 05, 2012 01:32AM
Who gives a crap dude? It's his site,his business. Why do you feel compelled to bring your drama here?
July 05, 2012 11:27AM
dewcon4414
Im not certain what this post has to do with metal detecting or what we can learn from your post.

Dew

If you're posting links to YouTube videos on Findmall that have embedded advertisements to a product that a FM sponsor does not sell, the Mods will delete your post. The switch to turn adverts on/off is embedded somewhere in your YouTube preference menu... a page I have never visited.

I suspect many of you folks who post here and on FM didn't know that either.

Fair warning...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2012 11:29AM by go-rebels.
July 05, 2012 12:35PM
Simply put thats why they have on and off buttons.
July 05, 2012 01:58PM
Ive had my finds and posts deleted or moved..... my solution, i rarely post there anymore.

Dew
July 05, 2012 07:40PM
there are a lot of good people posting there with very worthwhile information,
so just read the posts and let it go that way! just my 2 shields!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
July 05, 2012 08:06PM
Hey Go-Rebels, I find it ironic that you rage against censorship on Find Mall and then you start attacking and smearing people in this forum (such as me) when we have opinions that don't agree with yours. The latest being my simple spreading of information about the Blisstool from Blisstool users that don't exactly have everything sunshine and honey to say about it in all respects. A needless personal attack by you, my friend, when you could have just stuck to the topic at hand. I can see why you had trouble over on Findmall, because your ilk of your political leanings (Affordable health care? LMAO, name one single thing government has made cheaper and more efficient.) seems to attack and smear anybody who's opinion you don't like. When you start debating a topic based on it's merits and not throwing up dust to try to distract the issue at hand, maybe that's when you'll start having less problems with various forums and people. You're reputation proceded you on Findmall but I'm not one to judge others based on gossip. Having had some exposure to you now in this forum, all I can say is I'm giving you a fair chance. Use it well, because I like to try to see and believe the best in people.

Now, you might say "You should talk...You are stirring up trouble on this forum." Ah, but there is a distinct difference my friennd. I *ALWAYS* try to stick to the topic at hand and not get personal or attack people. Sure, I come close to that line here and there, as I just did above, but I always try to stay on the *right* side of that line myself. I've got no problem pointing out negatives of a machine, but I refuse to slander people who have a problem with that, despite how badly they my treat me in kind. Same deal with politics. I'm all for a good debate, but when it becomes the stuff of high school with name calling and personal attacks/smearing, that's when I usually move on and don't even say a word. It's a good way to show people just what the mindset of another is all about. Let them speak and show their true colors is my motto. Enjoy...(thumbs up)
July 05, 2012 08:22PM
That forum doesn't need you to defend it here. This thread should die. I appologized to you Critter for the cheap shot the other day. But I will tell you one thing I learned from my prior postings on that forum. It cost me some sales from people that did not like my Views. It got me some pretty nasty PM's. And I had a well earned reputation on other forums where I never expressed my Views. Take heed! I wish you well and hope that the Findmall sewer water stops at Findmall.
July 05, 2012 08:30PM
Goodmore, now that's a class act. Apology accepted.
July 06, 2012 02:21AM
critterhunter
Hey Go-Rebels, I find it ironic that you rage against censorship on Find Mall and then you start attacking and smearing people in this forum (such as me) when we have opinions that don't agree with yours. The latest being my simple spreading of information about the Blisstool from Blisstool users ...

My friend, I'm not attacking people in this forum; you're my target.

We all read the other forums; there's no need to regurgitate what others have written then ice the cake with a thick dose of speculation ad-nauseum. I really enjoyed you postings on the Sov and the 10x12 but, Jeez... enough is enough. Post something original, based on fact, or give us all a break. Free speech? Sure... but you're the only poster that I now routinely skip. There's only so many words necessary to describe how to swing a hammer.
July 07, 2012 04:19PM
"I'm your target"? Are you sure you want to put it like that, because as others have told you in the past it all goes into the files marked "Go-Rebels" for any future reference. It's a shame, because I try to see the good in people and was hoping you'd grown as a person.

As far as skipping my posts go. HA. I skip mine myself, along with that of a few others. :') That's what scroll bars are all about...Oh, and don't take it out on me just because several people out there don't share the same venom for other websites that you do. Many people are well aware of your feelings towards the Guvner and his site. Speaking about people who keep repeating themselves...How many times are you going to re-open that old wound and try to wage war over it again? First you attack censorship and then try to squash other perspectives...Pot calling the kettle black. Then you make a remark about me repeating myself...And yet you are still stirring up venom from eons ago that nobody really seems to care about but you.There's an old saying about people who live in glass houses.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2012 04:47PM by critterhunter.
July 07, 2012 07:10PM
You guys been doing any detecting? Any tips / info/ knowledge ? This stuff is lame,guess I shoulda scrolled....but don't wanna see this site become Friday night sissy fights like you see on the other forums. Just my opinion. Ray
July 07, 2012 08:37PM
You might learn a thing or two from this thread: [www.dankowskidetectors.com]