Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

E-Trac Fe - Co matrix for 611 targets

Posted by Johnnyanglo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
E-Trac Fe - Co matrix for 611 targets
July 25, 2012 01:34AM
I posted this on another website, thought I'd try posting here too with a higher quality image - easier to see (and yet too large to fit properly). I simply cataloged and plotted using Excel the Fe-Co values of 611 targets, colored them, coded them, and organized them - then converted the .xml to a .jpg,uploaded it to Photobucket, and linked it here to be displayed. Why you ask? Just my way of momentarily decreasing entropy.

Each square is keyed to a measured target that someone (not me) air tested with an E-Trac to get the items Fe-Co numbers. There are 611 targets plotted, you can count them if you'd like. Some are identical for the same kind of target but mostly from different sources and reflect the same resultant. While it is true air tests don't necessarily represent the reading you'll get in the ground, they do help paint a picture as to where targets could appear under ideal circumstances. It also shows where 611 targets are not so likely to appear under ideal circumstances.

The colors represent the relative value/amount/percentage/size of the metal/target involved - a solid mass with oodles of silver/gold content is going to be blue while copper/brass is the less valuable orange and junk is dark grey. A smallish thin gold ring will be lower on the color scale due to its size/value/metal content being much less, you get the idea. The colors are subjective but it gives you an idea how varying metals fit on the 35 x 50 display. There are (tiny) numbers in each square. It is linked on the original sheet to the individual target description. If anyone is interested I could post that too - then you'd know the identity of each target.

Re: E-Trac Fe - Co matrix for 611 targets
July 25, 2012 03:20AM
Commendable.
July 25, 2012 04:49PM
That looks like it slowed down the entropy quite a bit!
Thanks for posting.
I wouldn't mind seeing the target linkage if you want to post it.
Thanks
Mike
July 25, 2012 09:12PM
I can only imagine how long it took toe compile this kind of data .....I too would like to see the chart that corresponds to the numbers on the graph ........ This graph surely show's us all , but especially those who are on the fence about an ETrac , just how finute each target can be represented ....... and how they can also be blocked OUT of the picture if you don't care to see them come up on your screen !!......Each one of those pixels ( tiny squares ) can be added or cancelled in any given program on the ETrac ........EXCELLENT job on the graph !!.......Jim
July 25, 2012 11:28PM
I only see conductivity through 37 on my iPad. Is it a Pad graphical error?
July 26, 2012 11:32AM
Must be some sort of Ipad error .....The chart is showing a full 50 cond / 35 Ferrous on the screen ....Just like a true ETrac .....Jim
July 27, 2012 05:09PM
Here is the legend for each target. The value number matches the cell(s) within the 35x50 grid. The Fe-Co number is where the item is placed within the grid with the item description. The colors are for the different data sources groups.

Again, not my air-test data or target descriptions - I only organized it.

July 27, 2012 06:58PM
Yep that's exactly about what the ETrac will read on most all you charted. I know you didn't find all the rings you had listed, with the ETrac? Best coinshooter out there, does not like much of anything but coins not unless you are a dig it all guy. If so I commend you. Nice excel spreadsheets...........