Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

BLISSTOOL GETTING A VICK PENNY AT 16"

Posted by GunnarMN 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
BLISSTOOL GETTING A VICK PENNY AT 16"
August 13, 2012 12:23AM
this ground is dry, this ground has black sand in it , -- my gold bugs ground phaze reads it at 86 I used the 11" coil to do a test at 19" but i buried it at 20" the blisstool has its limints it made no peep at 20 with the 11" coil but at 16" with discrimination to knock out nails and small foil it came thru very well it seems coin size targets at 1" wide can be picked up at 12 to 16" and dime size at 8 to 12" hear is the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4VTYSGxPf0&feature=plcp
Re: BLISSTOOL GETTING A VICK PENNY AT 16"
August 13, 2012 12:55AM
That's pretty impressive
August 13, 2012 04:08AM
Hey GunnarMN, what was your gain on and also the threshold. I could not bring up your vid for some reason. Thanks, Steve
August 13, 2012 07:19AM
Hey Gunnar good Info!!

What does the blisstool do if you have it set to hear the penny at 16 inches in ground and you bury same penny at say 4 inches....does it hit it right?

Or does it try to reject it?

Keith
Anonymous User
August 13, 2012 12:02PM
Hi Keith...
I'll jump in and answer that one based on my many hours with the machine.
According to the settings he posted on the video that were used to hit the target at 16" while being properly GB'd for the black sandy soil:
Gain = 2
Threshold = 5
Disc toggle = 2
DL (Disc Level) = 4
DD (Disc Depth) = 8

With the DL at 4 - you will absolutely hear everything that's non-ferrous to the maximum depth of the machine (which could be more than 16" on a large buckle, crotal bell, etc).
That same penny would blow your ears off at 4". The DD at 8 would not break up that penny at all...
I've found half dimes at 4" using the same settings to find a crotal bell at 14".

Are you still playing around with your loaner unit from Dan?
August 13, 2012 07:28PM
Thanks for the feedback Barry !

I have been wondering about how the machine did on shallow target's or target's of other conductivity when you have it dialed in for deep hunting say coin's...

I did not Get to borrow Daniel's Blisstool. He graciuosly offered but at the time and still the ground is so Hard I could not run it through the paces like I would want to and in the sites Iwould want to. I would of been using it for depth in Civil war sites and till the Fall that would be a futile attempt in my Red Clay here in North GA.

Thanks for the info.

Keith
August 14, 2012 02:13AM
Dan sold his Blisstool.

Tom in SC
August 14, 2012 03:34AM
Not just the Blisstool.... Deus, Coins, relics, shovels, display cases, headphones. Everything. Totally got out of the hobby.

110% time dedicated to winning a national championship in archery. Too many hobbies. Detecting forum drama is too stressful.
August 14, 2012 11:30AM
Yikes! Daniel, cold turkey. My guess is something much more important was at stake. Good Luck!

PS; Will you let us know how you do in the championship?
Anonymous User
August 14, 2012 12:08PM
wow Daniel - that's a big move - good luck with your goals.
August 14, 2012 12:08PM
Dan, Good Luck on your new hobby. I hope you will be back someday into the hobby. Most of the folks around here that are into archery are deer hunters.

best of luck and stay in touch.

Tom in SC
August 14, 2012 01:50PM
If you come back Iam shure thear will be plenty of relicks left in the ground .
August 14, 2012 02:00PM
Life is all about competition and even though I am from the longbow days Archery can be a lot of fun and profitable in the right venue.

Good luck in your ventures and I stopped smoking cigars cold turkey but quitting the hobby cold turkey (not going to happen) even if the 8 hour hunts and travel are no longer possible.

Indeed keep us posted of your ventures...
August 14, 2012 03:58PM
"Detecting forum drama is too stressful"

Daniel,
Good Luck with your future endevors .......

Perhpas with all the shows that are now on TV , they'll make a show about Metal Detecting ....... With all the bickering lately we can call it " Modern Day Cut Throat Pirates"
August 14, 2012 05:07PM
Thanks guys. The hard part is sub consciously finding myself clicking on detecting forums looking at finds and reading posts. I still have a lot of friends in this hobby...those and a few relic "firsts" and what few relics people gave me over the yrs are all I kept.

I placed 19th in the World Classic shoot. 1,334 shooters were there but I don't know how many were in the class I shot in...the rankings only go to 100 per class and stop...and my class had 100+ for sure. 19th ain't bad....means I beat more than I got beat by...but I still got beat by 18 people. I want that #1 spot.

They ought to do a detecting show on the lines of the Storage Wars show...follow teams of guys around competing for the spots to hunt. Or do it like a relic/detector shootout...each team starts on a fresh site without prior knowledge of it. They are dropped off on site and given 5 hrs to assess the situation...read the land for clues of previous activity...homesites, camp sites, etc...then hunt it. When time is up, the other crew is called in...and they swap sites and start again. Whomever finds the most relics/coins goes to the next rounds. Sort of like metal detecting meets Bear Gryils.
August 14, 2012 05:23PM
Daniel, Good luck in your endeavor. Just to add a contrarian perspective, some times too much work/focus can be counterproductive to to what it is that we are trying to attain. (Just in case you get an inkling to pick up another detector along the way). For example - Babe Ruth sure had his fun and didn't focus just on baseball (I'm not saying to chase women though! LOL). Also, Bolt the recent olympic gold record runner, has admitted to not training as hard as some of his competitors. Like I teach my students regarding English and other areas of learning and practice (sporst for example) - The mind has a huge effect on results and performance. And fear is often at the top of the list. Not to get off target here, well heck, I guess we can apply some of this to detecting...

Anyway, Good luck regardless,
Albert