Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Detector lights

Posted by Coinseeker 78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Detector lights
August 15, 2012 12:57AM
I have seen a lot of comments about people wanting to have computers with the face being able to be lit up. There is no reason to be disappointed if your detector does not have lights. If you like your detector and wish to be able to light up the face of it there is a simple and effective way to light your detector. One of the major merchandise stores has a terrific bright LED light that not only light up your detector but the ground in front of you. The batteries last extremely long and the light is bright and adjustable for the direction you want to see.It is called the energizer and uses 3 triple A batteries. It has an adjustable head band. I believe the price is about 9 dollars.
Re: Detector lights
August 15, 2012 02:37AM
I use them all the time, I do a lot of night hunting, mainly curbs strips. they work great.
August 15, 2012 01:54PM
Over the years have seen such device and some that even attach to your hat even if your present unit doesn't have a night light. A word of caution if you hunt at night hunt with a buddy and keep alert as a lot of critters come out at night including 2 legged ones...Actually on these hot days its much cooler at night but bring the skeeter repellent.
August 15, 2012 04:10PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Over the years have seen such device and some that
> even attach to your hat even if your present unit
> doesn't have a night light. A word of caution if
> you hunt at night hunt with a buddy and keep alert
> as a lot of critters come out at night including 2
> legged ones...Actually on these hot days its much
> cooler at night but bring the skeeter repellent.

It's only the 2 legged critters I worry about. In one town I hunt, I've had 2 police officers stop and kindly warned me about a couple of areas, so I stay away from these spots at night. But that being said I know anything can and could happen so I stay alert and I carry and yes I have a couple of buddies with me most of the time.