Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Re-learned a lesson today with the CZ-21

Posted by cdv1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re-learned a lesson today with the CZ-21
August 18, 2012 06:27PM
Went out water hunting (fresh water) today and took the CZ-21 along instead of the Sand Shark or the GT. When using the CZ, I usually hunt all metal, 7-8 on the sensitivity to get a slight sound and will flip over to disc when I have a target.... I've found that also cutting back on the sensitivity in disc seems to give a more reliable reading on the target. I have been fooled too many times with high signals that turn out to be iron when the sensitivity is to high.

Well, I got a target today that hit a mid tone and disappeared when I flipped from 2-3 on the dial.... I knew it was a pull tab and started to walk away but decided to go back and dig it since I hadn't had many signals.... Darned if it wasn't a ring, a bit beat up and oval shaped from being stepped on I'd assume but it was a ring and yellow. Unfortunately, it was marked 10k HGE, yep it was plated but it was yellow and my first in a few weeks.

So now I'm wondering how many of those pull tabs I don't dig with the CZ were good targets.....

Live and learn.

HH
Cliff
Re: Re-learned a lesson today with the CZ-21
August 19, 2012 03:04AM
dig it all!!!!!!!!!! if its not real trashy you should dig all foil and pulltab signals. and higher karet and large rings might even signal as a coin!!!!!
August 19, 2012 03:10AM
CDV1 - Thanks for sharing that. I use a CZ-20/21 and tend to run my sens. pegged as high as possible.
I will experiment with your tecnique next time I go out and see if it helps. Sounds logical.
August 19, 2012 01:09PM
I have an unusual CZ6A as I can run it at 10 sens. and still keep a stable unit..Having used every model CZ ever made, some twice I speak from experience.

Having said the above with any unit can be a double edged sword sens. too high and masking can be a problem.

For this reason if the area is trashy run sens. at 6 and if area is relatively clean I run it at 10.

I am with seeker as on a beach or in the water recovery is usually fairly easy and run disc. low and dig all for optimum results...