Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Horse and shoe

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Horse and shoe
August 24, 2012 02:56PM
After yesterdays hunt, I thought I would share my thoughts and finds again. This Gold Bug machine continues to amaze me with its audio. However, be forewarned, you must have a good quality set of headphones in order take full advantage of all the audio nuances this machine offers. Now before I go any farther let me explain this last statement. Yesterday the temperature was to be in the 80’s so I opted for a set of cheap stereo headphones so I could take advantage of the smaller 1/8” phone plug option and compare it to the heavier ¼” plug. Within 15 minutes, I realized the need for good headphones when hunting for deeper targets. The reduced volume of these cheap phones made it very difficult to hear the subtle audio changes this machine provides to the hunter. Nevertheless, I had a very productive 2-hour hunt that netted two wheat pennies, one buffalo (one came from the day before), a nice 10k horse/shoe ring that gave an ID of 55 and the regular clad. Now I would like to make two statements about the machine in general. First, I am not exactly satisfied with the detector stand. The legs need to be farther apart to give it more stability especially on uneven ground. I am very particular with my machines and do not like them to fall over, when set on the ground. Secondly, I want to give credit to the designers of this coil. It looks the same as the 11” DD coil on the F75 and it is a perfect fit for this machine as it was for the F75 and LTD, no tedious work to remove the cover and clean ever week or so.

See photo below:

[www.findmall.com]

This really builds confidence in a machine.
Re: Horse and shoe
August 25, 2012 06:03PM
Man, that is awesome!!!!! Is this the same machine as the Teknetics g2???? I had 2 of them I loved them so well!!!! At different times though. And may get a third!!! For some reason, that G2 was just a bullet getting machine. It was that, or it may have been that I happened to hit a hot spot and happened to be using the G2!! But it likes the brass buttons as well!!! I was just well pleased with mine!!! Since you said that it has the 11 inch DD coil, I am assuming that it is the same as the G2. Anyway.....congrats on a great find!!!!