Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

XP Deus and extreme mineralisation, need some advice

Posted by Hugo F 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
XP Deus and extreme mineralisation, need some advice
September 04, 2012 04:46PM
Hi folks!
This weekend i traveled to a location here in Norway known for its extreme strenght of mineralisation. Our tecting club have been there twice, its a hard nail, makes our high end machines feel like chinese ones. The mineralisation strenght bar on my Deus read full whole the time and the Garret pinpointer falses and are quite useless there. The new Minelab one worked well though.
I`ve only had Deus for some weeks, spent last 4 yrs with GMP, this last trip to the farm was to try crack the code for this location.
Its an old settlement, now big farm surrounded by mounds, should be descent levels of finds there, but no...
Picked up maybe 1 good alloy an hour, 6,5 hrs gave me just one medieval artefact, a bronze needle.
The soil is sandy cause its close to very windy and sandy shore, only few hundred meters away, and its all black. Iron infested by huge amount of nails and bolts and got high level of salt i guess, cause when wet its even worse. (started to rain at the end of the day)
The GB point reads 86-87 there.
Both farmer, neighbours, locals and the arkies long to see finds there, but its hard, will wait for the farmer to plough the field and try again when its not that moist, guess we will get 1-2 inches more depht and better separation then.
Have any of you experienced Deus - users any tip/advice for settings?

By digging down some test objects at 4 and 6 inches i tried to tweak a 2- tone program for best performance at this site, ended up like this:

Disc 4,6 202/644Hz
Sens 82
TX 1
Freq 12
Iron vol 0
Reactivity 2
Silencer 0
Audio R 4
Audio overload 2
Notch 00-00
GB Tracking (outside iron carpet) and manual 84 (at iron carpet)

Where did i go wrong? My stomach tells me theres higher potensial in the machine, even at this site!

Thanks!
Hugo

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2012 04:50PM by Hugo F.
Re: XP Deus and extreme mineralisation, need some advice
September 08, 2012 07:26AM
Other detail... Iron came in at the right of the horseshoe, deep or shallow, should i put disc higher, would it help to put it at lets say 8 ? (this location is longway from home, dont know when i`ll get the chance to revisit it and try other settings, but i surely will)

Thanks