Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

GOLD COINS

Posted by fisher cz-3d 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
GOLD COINS
September 09, 2012 12:21AM
I want to find old gold coins...............Am i being greedy.........YES!... I have my dependable CZ-3D (1021)...What a Machine.... Anywho...Where are the best places to find gold coins...and what range will it tone in on my CZ-3D.. I have a coin book and was looking at all the gold coins.. reads as follows "Saint-Gaudens / With Motto 1933 MS-65 EF 9,000,000.00 WHAT???.....

ALSO on another note.Today I was at a antiques dealrs shop up here in Maine, and spotted a 1961 Silver quarter.. stamped on the "lower right neck" of Washington was a bu or pu?.....my coin book does not show this? (Warmans Coins &Paper Money 4th Edition 2008)
Thanks Guys smiling smiley
Re: GOLD COINS
September 09, 2012 12:42AM
I have a entire thread on this forum that is dedicated to gold coins...... and where they would most likely be found. Not sure what page it is now on.
September 09, 2012 12:45AM
I will search.....Whoa... just read about the 1933 gold coin....very interesting... Thank You
September 09, 2012 04:36AM
You can learn a lot about coins on the pcgs website. Don't get your hopes up to high for a gold coin..especially in Maine. I live in Ca,and its probably one of the best areas of the country for a g.c. I found one..1890- s double eagle. Was under a house. I knowof about 30 or so found . Some at demos,a couple during beach erosion,and many at old little known stage stop,or ghost town type areas. Good luck,Ray
September 09, 2012 01:12PM
Right from the get go from a 1 dollar to a 20 dollar they cover a majority of your meter and basically a dig all situation which keeps a lot in the ground...Stage stops, old west beer and dance hall areas would be your best bet but one never knows as know one fellow who dug two in an old field in central Pa. The area you live in has a lot to do with it and the large meter area further makes them far and few between...Usually a lifetime find and only know of 3 found in my area and two were found mixed with silver coins in pocket purses and the other was found by accident digging a silver coin so good luck in your ventures...
September 12, 2012 08:27PM
Where is the thread on gold coins on NASA-Tom's site? Anyone know... Thank You
September 13, 2012 07:25AM
There's a few, here's one:
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]