Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ6a for sale

Posted by Hobo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ6a for sale
September 10, 2012 03:25AM
I have a CZ 6A for sale. It got wet inside( fresh water) and the Disc circut no longer works. In auto tune its ok. The case is in good cond, no chips in it. $150. +shipping
Re: CZ6a for sale
September 10, 2012 11:58PM
Hobo...

When you say the disc circuit doesn't work, just auto tune, I just wondered if 0 disc still worked since it's not really discriminating anything out. Have you had the unit apart to see if there was anything physically wrong? Maybe tell how it happened and how long it was under water. I might be interested.

Thks..

Connortn
September 11, 2012 01:25PM
If its fresh water put it in the hall closet for a week and may dry out and work as it should...

My original CZ6 leaked as when put together the rubbers were crimped.....Sent it in for repair and dried out in transit...I would imagine mount of water in unit would have a bearing in drying out time....salt water its gonzo as very corrosive on innards....
September 11, 2012 08:56PM
Put the control unit in a large zip lock bag. Pour a box of white rice into the bag and zip it up. the rice will pull all the moisture out of the unit. Leave battery covers off to help with the process.

Tom in SC
September 12, 2012 01:00AM
Don't give him too many ideals fellows, he'll get it going again and want to keep it :-) But in all reality Hobo, you should try what they suggest first before parting with it. I've been looking for a project CZ6a but it doesn't need to be this one if you can get it working again. Maybe post a "delaying sale for possible repair first" up. Even if you still want to sell it if you get it working again, you could maybe ask a little more for it.
DJK
September 12, 2012 01:21AM
Hobo, I have a CZ6 that works fine but the threaded coil connector that protrudes from the front of the case is broken off. If your threaded connector is okay and your detector includes a coil, I could convert my CZ6 to a a CZ6A. after some soldering. So, if you don't have it sold, and are unable to get it stable, I could use the parts/coil. I'll buy if you still want to sell.
Thanks...David
September 12, 2012 03:55AM
It was under rain water for several hours and the battery case leaked, I took it apart and dumped the water out, dryed it out and put it into a bag of rice for several days. This happened in June and it has been in a warm dry enviorment every since It's dry now & only woks in auto tune. in the disc mode it "clicks" over a coin . The overload signal works tho.
DJK Not too sure about the coil conn, It broke a few years back, I glued it back together and it has worked every since. It has a white coil. The coil and stem/handle are in good cond.
September 12, 2012 12:54PM
Won't work DJK.....CZ6A is a five pin and CZ6 is a 4 pin.....been there done that 20 years ago when my original CZ6 malfunctioned and had to send to Fisher to get both the male and female ends updated to a CZ6A. Cost at that time was minimal and now expensive if they even will update your unit. What seems like a simple update indeed is not even if you have the tools and expertise...
DJK
September 12, 2012 03:25PM
Thanks for the honesty Hobo. Didn't know you had the same problem with your connector. I have to withdraw my offer based on that and what Dan-Pa says about the pin difference. I thought that if I swapped the 6A connector and coil that would be the end of it except for the earphone pigtail until it went bad. I did know about the pin difference, but apparently there must be a lot more to it than just the coil and connector swap.