Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New ATPro or a used F75

Posted by groundscanner 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New ATPro or a used F75
September 13, 2012 11:23PM
I currently own a F70 and Tejon and I search a lot of areas smack full of iron. I am looking to buy an additional detector to hunt these iron laden sites.

I am looking for advice on whether to buy a new ATPro or a used Fisher F75. Which would be better on these types of sites? Which will go deeper and separate trash better, etc? I am sure some of you have compared these head to head.

Thanks,

Michael
Re: New ATPro or a used F75
September 13, 2012 11:39PM
Having used them both I would give the AT Pro the nod for better tones and being waterproof. All other nods go to the F75. Depth, recovery, weight, for example. But I never used an F70 and I fear that you might not see that big of difference. Others will chime in. Good luck to you.
September 14, 2012 05:28PM
For what it's worth, and it might not be worth much, I'll share my experience. I just sold an F75SE and bought a like-new AT Pro with stock coil, and 5x8 coil. I have used the 5x8 inch a little. But Keith Southern has been using one alot and with outsanding results. There is a write-up of his on the second or third page and it is worth a look.
But then, Tom Dankowski has done two magnifient pieces of writing in the F75SE. But in those writings, he spaks of mitigaiting the EMI (lowering sensitvity until is quiet) and in my town, where the Union campsites are, there alot of electrical static in the air. And the very sensitive F75SE picks it up and turns it into chirping and falsing in my ear.
PLUS!!! My ground here on the border of west and middle Tennessee contains richly mineralized dirt that causes all vlf detectors to limit their depth. The ground around here is THE GREAT EQUALIZER. Every detector (except the Deus) would struggle to hear my test garden. Depp bullets give off an iron grunt. Silver dimes etc etc. Anyway....I have an AT Pro coming monday and am going to intall that 5x 8 coil and wait until I get permission for some new spots. Fall and winter is on top of us. Great hunting weather, One MUST have some type of detecor if its in his blood at all. The AT Pro, with two coils, seems to be the direction that I am going as far as having a "do all" in one package, with the cash that I had to spend. Hope this helps a little, and didn't just confuse ya. Happy Hunting to ya, no matter which one ya get.
September 14, 2012 11:52PM
Thanks guys for the info. I will study some of the other post. I hunt in Mississippi and the ground isn't too much of a problem. The sites full of iron is though.