Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

AT Pro with 5x8 coil:::Hunting in nails

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
AT Pro with 5x8 coil:::Hunting in nails
September 19, 2012 12:09AM
Just got back from a hunt at the first CW camp that I ever had found. And it was a lucky find. I was hunting old coins....Any coins....and I dug a button with an Eagle and a sheild in the middle with an I (Infantry I know now) in the shield. That was april of 2011. I have hunted that site to death. I worked it over good with the Deus and found a few adiitional buttons and a cufflink. Now...I'm back with the 5x8 coil on the AT Pro. I have noticed that when I set the iron reject to around 25 that the nails start popping and cracking. Should I try to use the same technique with the AT Pro as Tom teaches to use with the F75SE (Disc at 6 and in monotone). Or is there a bette way for the AT Pro. Keith.....this is an official summons. I need your experience. Of course the esay thing would be to just ask you what settings you use in carpets of nails. But I want to understand the theory. I DID dig one nonferrous target today that I missed all those other times, a fairly sizable peice of lead that had been pounded into a ribbon of sorts. WHY the soldier did that, i haven't a clue. But it's lead, alright. Complete with white lead oxide....or, PATINA, as some call it. You know, there's a chance that I may actually have dug everything out of this site, BUT I keep digging up bent nails, and nails with clumps of rust on the end. Of course, they sound a bit more 'non-ferrous' than the standard straight square nail, of which there are plenty left. Anyway, Keith, you don't have to answer right away. Wait until you are relaxed if ya want to...and then give me the low down on using the small coil. I sure wish that you could come down here and hunt this site, as something tells me that you would likely not hunt long before you'd hold up a button and say: You missed this one, Kevin! And , of course, i'd sull up and go to the vehicle and wouldn't want to play anymore. LOL!!!!!!! No I wouldn't be that way. I'd be enthusiastic and fire a barrage of questions at ya.. Thanks in advance my man.
wjs
Re: AT Pro with 5x8 coil:::Hunting in nails
September 19, 2012 12:39AM
"there's a chance that I may actually have dug everything out of this site"

If there is still iron in the ground then you can bet there are still good targets being masked......;o)
September 19, 2012 01:32AM
Kevin,

Did you read the Garrett AT-Pro Fieldtest thread? You will find your answers there.
September 19, 2012 02:28AM
Hey Kevin ...

Pro Mode
Disc 32/33 32 if you turn the iron audio off...33 if you turn the iron audio on...
Iron audio on..
Go slow listen for signals that are intermingled with the iron roll...The iron tones will become uniform if it's just nails then listen for any type of higher tone blip that will repeat even one way dig it up...

the larger iron roll in a constant uniform iron roll with a higher tone blip will usually be a false off the bigger iron... but not always...dig it to be safe ...

Some will say it unmask better or as good with iron audio off but if the site is dead the iron audio on will produce...I promise...It's a more advanced way to hunt and noisy but I promise you some signals will not be heard with the iron audio off that is heard with it on..

Different signal processing goes on with iron audio on...

I may have a video tomorrow to show this if I get the time to film...

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2012 04:40PM by Keith Southern.
September 19, 2012 02:55AM
@ NasaTom: I didn't realize there was one. I'll try to find it with the search function.
@ Keith: Precisely what I needed to know. I have never used iron audio. i never understood what is for. Something about bottole cap ID'd is all i ever heard about it. I shall try that tomorrow!
@wjs: I agree with you. I just said the 'hunted out' thing out of frustration. I must not have the aptitude for learning the nuances of sound or something. But i don't give up easy.

Oh, and thanks for the replies guys!!!! Really, i appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2012 02:56AM by Kevin B.
September 19, 2012 11:18AM
I've searched several times and with different wording for the AT-Pro field test but can't come up with it. Any one got a link?
September 19, 2012 11:31AM
sailorman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've searched several times and with different
> wording for the AT-Pro field test but can't come
> up with it. Any one got a link?

Same here, last night I searched using the words "Garrett AT Pro" and then went through every page. Once these good referenced articles are 5 or 6 pages away, they are as good as gone it seems. And I always forget to FAVORITE the topic. Maybe a list of links to all of NasaTom's tests can be added to the list of his articles. Just publish a link to the threads and include the title so that we can reference when needed.