Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Sovereign GT Video- 10" Tornado, SEF 12x10, 13" Ultimate, & Sun Ray S-5 Trying To See Clad Dimes Masked In Various Ways Such As Under An Elevated Nail, & Trying To See Dime Thru 3 Stacked Mineralized Red Bricks.

Posted by critterhunter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
This is not the same video where I did the popular elevated nail masking test a while back, but I wanted to replicate that test in a low EMI environment as the results of the last one were distracted by the EMI chatter. Also, several other nail masking tests, along with what seems popular as well judging detector abilities- trying to read a coin through a red brick. I used 3 bricks since the Sovereign is well known for handling the worst mineralization can throw at it.

And in case you miss it at the top of the video, if you press play you can skip the first two long pauses where text is displayed to move on. All the pauses after that are only 2 or 3 seconds or so just so you can read the title of the next test being performed with each coil. The video was edited down so that each coil is quickly seen doing one test in rapid succession with each other at one time, and then it moves onto the next test for all 4 once again all at the same time. Some shocking stuff in this video, to me anyway, including the left/right separation abilities of a small trash coil compared to larger ones, and also the "old rule of thumb" about small coils seeing thru mineralization better. Never would have guessed it, but I won't spoil the results of that. Let's just say I had certain suspcions but the actual tests made things even more blunt then I would have ever guessed...

[youtu.be]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2012 08:58PM by critterhunter.