Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Who here has ran the Aquasound?

Posted by Jack Flynn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Who here has ran the Aquasound?
January 27, 2013 09:15PM
I'm on the verge of buying an Aquasound and would like to know what if anything I should be aware of. I live in middle Ga. and am 2 hours from the beaches although I hunt freshwater beaches a lot. Good or bad tell me before I send the bucks.
Re: Who here has ran the Aquasound?
January 27, 2013 11:42PM
It doesnt like black sand AT ALL. Here in Fl they work great from most beaches. Im told you will never dig another bottle cap. Id love to own one but they are a little pricy. Is there a way to test it before you put down the money? Are you looking at the one lonny lytle has for sale? About the only one ive seen on the market for awhile. You might contact Richard Rudy (Mr Gold) in Miami..... he makes them. I think i have his number somewhere. Unbelievable depth if they work in your area. Perfect machine for Miami with all those bottle caps lol. Can be a bit pricy to repair as well.

Dew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2013 11:43PM by dewcon4414.
January 28, 2013 12:02AM
That's the one I'm looking at. If I'm not mistaken didn't Jason in TN have one for his beach jaunts? Maybe not. I'm sure he hunted somewhere on the Carolina coast and maybe Ga. I really want to know how well it would do in those areas as I would only get to the Gulf just once a year. That would make it not worth the expense but I can hit from Savannah to Myrtle every other weekend.
January 31, 2013 02:17PM
I was wondering if you bought the Aquasound detector and if so how well it worked in Ga. and S.C. I have considered it myself, but the lack of information on how it would handle the amount of black sand in N.C. and Va. has kept me from taking the plunge. Thanks...Stuart
January 31, 2013 04:24PM
Hi Jack Flynn, Have you ever paned gold? I was just thinking that all that black sand in Myrtle Beach might be like the beach at Nome AK. I see alot of people say that the sand is hard to hunt because of all the black sand.If you can get to go ever other week end, pick up a bag of the black sand that is at the water line and bring it home and try it. Then let us know if it has small gold in it. Maybe we can start a gold rush there, no just thinking, but try it and let us know. Thanks Flintstone
January 31, 2013 10:44PM
Flintstone. Although the thought of gold in black sand is possible at our beaches if you find an area of heavy black sand, and there are areas that are full of black sand, finding enough gold to run a beach box may be possible and maybe even practicle. However, we are talking about the possibility of running an Aquasound detector on the middle eastern coast. I have spoken to a couple of very well know detectorists who own an Aquasound and I do know that it is essentially a Nautilus detector with have of the electronics removed. It is great for use on white sand beaches such as Miami and some of the tropical islands that have no black sand. But neither of these owners has ever used them north of Florida. Although this detector has great detection depth and descrimination where black sand is not present, it does hate black sand and falses terribly. My question has been and still is, at what point does the amount of black sand become too much for the machine to run smoothly? I do know that the Aquasound does cost over $3000 and their repairs are very expensive but that Nautilus will repair them for much more reasonable costs. Just a lot to pay for a machine that may or may not work on my beaches. Anyone with information on these machines I would really love to hear from you. Nothing would beat hands on experience with this detector, but looks like I will have to rely on others response on this machine just to make an educated guess on wheather to pay that much...Stuart