Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Just got my Vista Gold

Posted by synthnut 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Just got my Vista Gold
March 02, 2013 10:21PM
I just got my Vista Gold today, and one thing for sure , I will have to get a new pair of glasses !!.....LOL !!..... The ground was frozen in places and thawed / frozen in other places .....It was wet enough to make a good conductive playing field ..... I did not make any test runs before going out in the field with this detector ...I wanted to be surprised by every target and I would dig every target and then remember the tone variances ......I wanted to hear both tones to distinguish what it was that I was digging so I set it up in 2 tone mode , Slow speed , and had the lower power mode ( left switch back towards me ) .... My first high tone sounded to me like most of my other machines when they hit a coin .... It was a good solid hit , and was very repeatable in every direction ......I dug down about 4 inches as it was a loud tone ..... Nothing in the pile of dirt ...Hmmmmm .....I ran my coil over the area again , and realized that the target was still in the hole .....I dug down another couple of inches , and checked the pile again ....NADA !!!....WHAT ? ...... I put my Garrett Pro Pointer in the hole and immediatly got a signal .... I dug the target only to realze that the target that I was hearing was a very small piece of aluminum foil !!.....I ran the coil over the hole and the pile of dirt again to make sure I did not miss what had to be the REAL target ....Nope !!!.....This little piece of foil sounded AT LEAST as large as a coin !! .....I continued on , and realized that I would really have to hear some bigger tones to dig either coins or rings or anything of size .... I dug some bigger targets with multiple tones like a ring would give , and they turned out to be pull tabs ...A good sign in the gold range .....They were down pretty deep to sound as warm and phat as they did ..... I dug some lawn mower slag that gave me some nice "blips" ...... Then another blip that sounded more defined turned out to be the backing off of a gold earing ...I did not locate the rest of the earing, but at least I got my first gold !!...YAY !!!!...... ....No more tones in the area which lead me to believe that the earing is still in the owners ear .... Coins 4-6 inches down sounded like beer cans !!......You guys can talk about grams and grains , and every other minute measurements , but if there are machines that find even smaller items than this Vista Gold does , I surely don't need to own it .... This thing is telling to the enth degree as it is .... The Vista Gold speaks it's own language and it really does talk to you !!..... I hit an elongaged low tone along with a LOUD high tone .....It turned out to be a bent rusty nail, sitting about 3 inches away from a quarter !!..... Again , very telling tone , and a wonderful reassurance that it really does handle masking VERY well indeed ..... This would have been a different sounding scenario with most machines on the market today ..... Only have about 2 1/2 hrs on this machine , but I'm liking it already !!..... It's a LOT more precise than I thought it would be , and makes smaller targets really sound off much louder than I thought they would ...... It's so much different from any other machine that I own , so it's surely a wonderful addition to the arsenal !!......Jim
Re: Just got my Vista Gold
March 02, 2013 10:48PM
once the ground thaws and i'm waiting too, can't wait to see what the deep techs will find across the country for sure!
March 02, 2013 11:09PM
Good write up Jim!!

Yes the machine does punch quite well ....

I think you being a synthnut you will appreciate the audio ...LOL!!

It will dig it all so choose your sites carefully or go in with a set plan...It will unlock coins in a park or yard but know what to do with it when you get there...

Its a true site analyzer...

Keith
March 02, 2013 11:15PM
Keith,
Yeah , it's got the synth tones alright ......I think that's what drew me to the Sovereign !!..... It's got those drawn out tones like the old Sovereign running a Coinsearch Coil !!..... Those thick , phat , fuzzy warm, analog tones that go on for days !!......Lovin it !!....Jim
March 02, 2013 11:45PM
Glad you seem have taken to it Jim...

Nothing like enjoying a piece of equipment...

Keith
March 03, 2013 01:45AM
i'll probably get flack for this but its just like a good woman, fine wine, nice music!
March 03, 2013 12:00PM
AMCJAVELIN,
It's all good .....Jim
Anonymous User
March 03, 2013 04:38PM
Good luck with it - I should have mine next week..

I know EXACTLY where to take that baby...the iron spot that everyone just walks right by.
March 03, 2013 07:09PM
love2dtect ,
Next week I willl be hitting my Silver parks that are not far from the beaches that I hunt ....I'll hit both places in one day ....... unless I find too much Silver at the parks ......LOL !!!.......You'll really love this machine ..... It's got a lot going for it ..... Jim