Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

G2 Unmasking tip.....(VIDEO)

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
G2 Unmasking tip.....(VIDEO)
March 31, 2013 03:24AM
I was hunting with the G2 today in a nail infested house site....well I was not digging any non ferrous target's at all ...

So was time to experiment....And believe it or not this work's...

speed up your sweep speed to very brisk short 2 foot sweep's.....the ground came alive,,14 non ferrous target's came to light...

come home tested it out on the long way's nail.. and presto same effect....very strange and seems to go against the grain...but it is what it is.....

works best on a site not producing non ferrous anymore...

[www.youtube.com]

On a side note I can also get the omega to do it with a fast sweep when using the 5 inch.... but not 5x10....

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2013 04:08AM by Keith Southern.
Re: G2 Unmasking tip.....(VIDEO)
March 31, 2013 03:42AM
Very good observation. I will have to try that with my Gold Bug Pro tomorrow.

I have the 5" x 10" coil also. I was wondering, what is the purpose of the six foot cable on the 5" x 10"? I've never seen any other coils with a cable that long.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2013 04:00AM by Badger in NH.
March 31, 2013 04:05AM
WOW!

That is interesting!

Looks like I will have to add a note, with a link to your video of this, on my video of the G2 and the Nail Board Test. Swinging normal speed, with the coin next to a nail lengthwise and no signal at all.

Thanks for the info Keith,

Ron
March 31, 2013 04:11AM
I think they made it for the gold bug to be removed from the pole and maybe placed in a bag around your neck or something for working in water....

just a guess...unless the next incarnation of the GB is going to be able to be hipmounted?

I really like the 5x10 coil on the omega and the G2....its a go to coil.....separates fantastic and gets good depth too...and its solid for working thorugh brush...

Keith
March 31, 2013 04:57AM
Thats unreal how it unmask with fast sweep speed.

Thats a detector that fits my hunting style.
March 31, 2013 05:05AM
important is the size of nails and coins. !.
omega of 10'' concentric doing better in this position on the same nail and a coin. better than g2
March 31, 2013 06:39AM
Denari...you tryint to spread the love again buddy?
March 31, 2013 07:19AM
what do you mean?
March 31, 2013 11:42AM
I have a few sites that would fit the bill.
Should be interesting. I tend to slow down in iron as
others do , im sure.
March 31, 2013 01:30PM
I don't believe you. Please post a video and be sure to dig up said targets.

You know this is the Show Me forum...
March 31, 2013 01:37PM
This is very interesting as it must be a somewhat common, and shared attribute across the newer /Fisher digital platforms. Getting maximum depth out of the non-boosted F75 required a brisk swing over a deep target, rather than the slow, deliberate swing to which I've grown accustomed using Minelab platforms.

A short, brisk swing motion always seems very unnatural to me.
April 01, 2013 12:14AM
Great video Keith!!!!! That is some good instruction!!!!! Thank you for taking the time to help!! You, my friend, are an asset to this forum.
April 01, 2013 01:21AM
Thanks Kevin...

Spent today in some more iron that everyone has given up on... and got some more keeper's....the G2 with the 5x10 brisk sweep is unlocking on a new level weird is it not...

Keith...
April 02, 2013 10:22PM
Badger did you get a chance to try the quicker sweep in you hunt on Sunday?

wondering if anything came to light..

Keith
April 04, 2013 04:20PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Kevin...
>
> Spent today in some more iron that everyone has
> given up on... and got some more keeper's....the
> G2 with the 5x10 brisk sweep is unlocking on a new
> level weird is it not...
>
> Keith...

Seems like everytime you show a video, I learn a new way to do things. I owned 2 G2's and a Gold Bug Pro DP and I didn't realize that about the fast swing. In fact, when I got to trashy spots I would slow up!!!! I see now that I was leaving ferrous items in the ground!!! Ya know, I am going to set up a situation like in your video and see if a fast swing with the small AT Pro coil makes any kind of difference. I am making a big mistake by hunting these trashy sites without seeing what they do in experiments. It is raining today so that will give me some time to experiment. Thanks again for all the contributions to this forum.
April 04, 2013 10:12PM
NOT ALL detectors like fast sweep speeds in iron or aluminum trash. You must find out about each of your specific platforms...... for each specific site/application.
April 05, 2013 12:18AM
As Tom said Kevin not all platforms will behave the same way...Not even in the same line of detector's i.e.. Greek series/G2..

the small little unlocking trick I was showing with the G2 seems to work best on a non ferrous dead site when using the 5x10 DD...

would I hunt like this constantly with the G2? NO...but if it is a site you know thing's are there and its not prodcuing and the g2 is your weapon of choice...Please do some experimenting...

it takes a site void of larger iron ...just small iron remaining, to see any REAL unlocking...

But that's the value of experimenting is it not...Theres so many different way's to hunt a site with just one single machine....

As I have said before you cant learn a machine in a few hours....And theres always one more avenue to go down with one machine..

the trick is getting the most out of the machine you choose to use in different challenging hunt environ's...

I offered up the G2 video as a simple tip...but use it on a site that it works on...

with that combo G2/5x10DD it will unlock some target's in the right condition's..

The Omega and I am guessing the F5 dont have the right REACTIVITY to make same performance gain's...

yet if you play with those machine's enough I am sure tips and tricks can develop/evolve...

The AT-PRO you are trying with a brisk sweep I do not believe will work well...they approach target unmasking at a different way..BLENDING.....

I have often thought a blending machine can do almost as well as a fast separating machine.....but after hours of side by side ....fast processors are superior in MOST trash application's...

Keith
April 05, 2013 06:40PM
Oh okay. I was just going to experiment here at the house anyway....but I have been mounted on a Husky Zero Turn and then swing a Husky 4 cycle weed eater. All i have been able to do metal detecting-wise is mount my 5x8 coil on my AT Pro. I am itching to go detecting sommers.