Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Sov in the house

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Sov in the house
May 30, 2013 11:34AM
I made a big move and traded my Exp SE for a Sov with several options. I made this choice knowing ill strickly be beach hunting now that we arent traveling. The decision was also based on sweep of a straight shaft, not a great deal of depth difference here in Fl, tones were longer and im formuliar with them now having used the Xcal. It runs extremely smooth like the Xcal on the beach. It is lighter to swing than the Xcal on those days you can get wet. Straight forward simple to use. Interesting to have silent search thou id say its more for those worried about their hearing because i think there is a lot of information you can gain from a threshold. Has good modulation... maybe better than the Xcal for size and depth. Its tones seems to be more like the Blue Xcal thou than the Xcal II.... a little more condensed. Looks like a great week for swigging the Xcal so not much testing going on with it. It does have the 13" coil and a 5" besides the standard, but im not sure how much use they will get. Im considering swapping the 13" for a SEF 10X12 i just like those coils. I also swapped a RNB battery for a new rechargable as a back up.

Dew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2013 11:49AM by dewcon4414.
Re: Sov in the house
May 30, 2013 01:18PM
Sovereign should serve you well and was one of the best I ever used on Saltwater shores...so good luck with your new toy....Dan
Tones are where its at so learn them well...
May 30, 2013 01:40PM
I always did the silent search mod on mine, then turn it up till I had a slight threshold...seemed to get more depth for me. I only used the sov for turf though. Try it, see if you notice any difference. Ray
May 31, 2013 12:56AM
Do you mean you had a slight threshold in THRESHOLD ....then switched over to silent search? I believe there is just to much information to be gained from a threshold and null.

Dew