Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CTX Hunt at Old Swimming Pool location

Posted by tmanly 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CTX Hunt at Old Swimming Pool location
June 02, 2013 04:29PM
I spent half a day at an Old Swimming pool site. The Pool had been filled many years ago.

Found 11 1/2 wheat pennys, a 1952 rosey, a 1945 merc. Had a good time..... lots of clad as well...

Tom in SC

Re: CTX Hunt at Old Swimming Pool location
June 02, 2013 04:51PM
Local fellow located old swimming hole location in the middle of the woods thru much research as it certainly doesn't look like it did in the 30's and 40's...

He has hunted it for several years and never let anyone know the location. Lots of silver and wheathies and last count over 50 gold rings.

Heard the old timers talk about it but never located it even though mentioned in several old books.

Yep looks like you had a nice time and now we know why research is so important in the hobby..

Same old story tell a fellow about your favorite trout hole and the next time you fish it will have lots of company...
June 02, 2013 05:58PM
Nice finds. Swimming holes are the BEST. From a small 100 year old one near my house I pulled close to 30 silver rings, 2 gold rings, 5 large silver coins, 2 silver dimes (yes, in Germany) and countless coins (I normally walk over all but the deepies).
I was the first to hunt the spot with an E-Trac, I'm sure...
June 02, 2013 08:32PM
Sound's like a nice outing Tom!!

That Cub Scout Neckerchief slide is nice..

I used to hutn a Scout troop camp in use for decades..

I had accumulated a whole box of those slides..

Why was I hunting a Scout meeting camp?

It was on top of a civil war camp!!

Keith
June 03, 2013 12:29AM
I know what you mean on the Cub Scout slides. I have found several also. They are still fun to find. Just checked the wheat penny's and I had one 1909 and a 1919.
both did not have a mint mark.

Tom in SC