Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CTX Open Screen vs Disc with Combined

Posted by fsdigital12 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CTX Open Screen vs Disc with Combined
July 08, 2013 10:18PM
I posted this question on another forum, but figured I'd see what you guys think on here....

I know a lot of people use the gonehunting method. Open Screen/Ferrous Coin Combined mode. My question is this. Why open screen? I know many like to hear the iron. I do too..initially to know I'm in the right spot..however I don't like hearing iron all the time. I would flip to pattern 2 with iron Disc'd out. but thought if I did that I would be "missing targets" amongst iron/ However this is coming from an Etrac mentality where the null will prevent a good target from creeping through, or so I thought...but I found this video...and thought maybe the CTX is able to see through the iron and still have disc....

[www.youtube.com]
Re: CTX Open Screen vs Disc with Combined
July 08, 2013 10:33PM
Not for sure what the gonehunting method is but open screen will net you more finds if the iron is really dense...

anytime you can keep the audio flowing instead of allowing it to null it will find some more...the way the CTX works or any FBS for the matter is a more blending calliope audio instead of start up shut down start back up speed..

Now to really get sleuthy for the last bit in iron combined will not cut it either...you will need to switch to Conduct and modify your response and such...and use the low tone audio as your indicator to dig in the high tone audio barrage.....

But allowing the AUDIO GATE to remain open on any platform is beneficial but on the FBS /CTX it is almost required for the harder target's....Nulls are dangerous in alot of nails no matter that the CTX recovers faster than the Etrac it still is not recovering fast enough for the smaller lower conductor's...small gold,,,, small button's,, even high conductors that are thin or really intermingled can be missed with a null....

But all this needs to be used at the appropriate time and site...a fresh site does not require this or a site full of modern trash that holds no older atifacts or coin's or a site that maybe is not really producing objects that make you think its worth going to the next level..

Read your sites know your sites and now what settings to use to take it to the next level the other guy's will not...and Know how to interpret the signals to your advantage...

Sucess will come....spend time with the platform and study what happens when certain tweeks are done and see for yourself is the best answer you will find..

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2013 10:51PM by Keith Southern.
July 08, 2013 10:48PM
Thanks for the response Keith. I guess my question is. Seeing as the CTX does not have an "Iron Audio" feature or the ability to have no disc but lower the iron volume. If I "block out" say the FE 35 line to cut down on the iron nails. as well as when you disc out the Iron Wrap around, 01-31/02-34 Will I miss a good target? Are you really creating a Null by doing so? Are you creating masking by using discrimination in Ferrous Coin Mode? If It was an E-Trac I'd say yes....but with the CTX....I'm not 100% sure.............
July 08, 2013 11:13PM
Dont disc out or blank out anything if you are trying to work a site to the fullest and the site is worth doing so...

the wrap around you talk of I can handle audibly by allowing the low tone to be assigned say to the 35-36 bin....the when I get the wrap around high tone I can tell its a wrap around Vs a legitimate target by the tone roll from low to high....

Please understand though the open screen method is for the more exploratory hunt's....when allowable....the CTX is very good even with some nulling...I am just very anal about hearing IT ALL----All THE TIME.....but it's a more demanding way to hunt...but The CTX is very good at getting targets with the quicker null recovery that the Etrac or explorer can not accomplish to the same degree when disc is used...

thats the beauty of the CTX ..its finetunable and more productive out of the box with same power but smoother and more accurate if you were to say run same setup on the Etrac pattern wise vs the CTX you would notice more Keepers ....now when you go wide open screens and wide opens sens the gap closes between them.. yet the CTX combined mode and the Ergonomics and tone manipulation comes into play and helps to UP the ante somewhat......

But if you are screen watcher and a Pattern man yes its better at that then the Etrac/Explorer for more find's...
If you are tweeker and more demanding hunter at times the CTX can get mroe with wide open Vs wide open becasue of some tunability...
That's in a Nut shell..

Its a evolved FBS machine in a good way...

Keith