Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ6A Pro Front Panel New Toggles

Posted by treasurehunter747 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ6A Pro Front Panel New Toggles
January 01, 2018 03:18PM

Guys for some reason when I uploaded my image with tinypic it turned the image sideways. If it posts like this here then I will see what I need to do to correct that. This is the front panel with the 5 new toggles and control knobs added. The red control knob is for the adjustable iron discrimination and the headphone jack that was originally there will be located under the housing. The toggles are as follows... toggle on lower left in disc section is for iron audio silence.... toggle lower right disc section is for adjustable iron discrimination... toggle between pinpoint and sensitivity is for backlit controls... toggle in upper left volume section is for meter light..... the toggle originally used for switching from salt to normal was replaced with the 3 position toggle to choose between the 3 audio tone modes and the smaller toggle just above that is for the salt/normal.. Will have more pics to post after i have everything finished and in the housing.. i will also have a video showing all of the additions working and the difference in the extra new audio tones. thanks
TH
Re: CZ6A Pro Front Panel New Toggles
January 01, 2018 07:20PM
Wow. Quite some work! Now...... curious as to what you think about it's real-world performance?!?!
January 01, 2018 09:56PM
Hello Tom,
I think the adjustable iron will make a very noticeable difference, especially to those who are "seasoned" detectorists and like to have the iron right on the edge, but not fully discriminated out. For myself and others I know, using the 8 tone option will help tremendously in helping to better identify the target... Instead of having 3 targets covered by one tone now different denominations should have a different tone. The 3-3/4 turn ground balance i added because, used along with the sensitivity, in mild soil like where we are moving in Texas, gives the ability to really get that extra little bit of depth performance... All of this of course is just my thoughts, and only results will tell.... I added these features as this one will be sold to help cover some of our moving expenses...However I will be checking everything over in my brother in laws 25 year old test garden to make sure its good to go... And i will make a video showing each added feature in use especially the tones... If its not to cold that day I will make the video when at my brother in laws house in his test garden otherwise I will do it here in my work room. 1200 miles is a long way and in 47 years i have lived in the same area and moved once at 6 miles.... I did a rough tally when we got started about a month ago and well..... We passed that already and dont move till the 18th of this month. Moving is more expensive than I thought. Anyway I hope to have more pics up soon.... Oh and I think I had forgot to mention that the headphone jack will now be located under the housing on the left hand side. Thanks to those here who have answered my questions and made things much easier by doing so, and Tom thank you for a great site as I dont post very much but do read as there is a lot of knowledgeable folks here, especially yourself Tom whose endless dedication to obtaining as much information and data as possible has helped in using a detector to its fullest potential and overall doing better in the field.
TH
January 01, 2018 10:04PM
Nice job on the mods, let us know how it works out.

Corey
January 01, 2018 10:11PM
Man You rollin' Dude!
January 01, 2018 10:11PM
Thanks Docbars, will do and happy new year...
TH
January 02, 2018 12:10AM
Very nice work there. You must have steady hands and nerves of steel.....
Pretty crowded in there....
January 02, 2018 12:11AM
3 -3/4 turn GB, 8 tones, iron on/off switch, an iron range control - plus - all the other added goodies = not much more you could ask for on an existing/modded CZ!

Can't wait to see it in action thumbs down
January 02, 2018 01:42AM
Thanks fellows and tabman yes I have nerves of steel I have been married to the same lovely lady for 21 years...
January 02, 2018 03:06PM
Simply put improving in excellent fashion.. As far as nerves mine are gone after 53 yrs..with better half...
January 02, 2018 07:19PM
Can't wait to see some videos with this in the test garden, nice job on the mods, that's awesome!
January 03, 2018 01:19AM
Nice looking work.
Await videos on performance.