Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

tdi coil info

Posted by deathray 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
tdi coil info
September 09, 2013 10:51PM
Looking to get maximum depth out of the TDI for nuggetshooting. I'm aware of the raxorback coils, but does anyone have experience using minelab monos such as the nuggetfinders on the TDI? If so, what are your oponions? I can get used gp coils cheaper than ones specifically for TDI, plus they are easier to resale if needed. Thanks, Ray
Re: tdi coil info
September 09, 2013 11:54PM
Yes I did when I had the TDI. I tried every which way I could think of to get as much depth out of it as I could. The Minelab coils work for the TDI but honestly, I never saw any gain with them over the stock TDI coil. Also be aware that they coil ears on the Minelab and Whites are different sizes...so all of the coils made for the GPX will need shims if you plan on using them. The lower rod on the Minelab will slide into the upper rod of the TDI though...so that's how I ended up using them. The locking pins are in different spots though.....seems like the Whites has two on the sides of the shaft, and the Minelab just has one underneath...but the lock cam on the Whites will hold the lower rod good enough to make it usable without the lock pins.

I could be wrong but I think Jason (Razorback coils) stopped making coils. He had some health issues and got way behind on orders and last I had heard, he had stopped. But that's been a while back. He may be up and going now. His 8.5x11 was my favorite for all around hunting. I also had his 5" and one of the big ones....the big coil I had of his was much bigger than the stock TDI coil but weighed the same.
Re: tdi coil info
September 10, 2013 01:07AM
Thanks Daniel . Miner John bought razorback and is making the same coils, plus he started a line of solid monos too. I'm thinking about getting his 12x16. My only reservation is there are not many tdi users anymore (maybe I am mistaken?) . So when the time comes I buy a minelab, I can't use the razorback on it, but can use a nuggetshooter, of which there are plenty to be found used. Guess it comes down to I am a cheap ba$ tard, lol.