Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

WTB a used Garrett Recon ProAML-1000

Posted by wadjidiggers 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
WTB a used Garrett Recon ProAML-1000
September 17, 2013 07:51AM
Anybody knows a used Garrett Recon Pro AML-1000 for sale?
Please let me know.
Thanks,
Re: WTB a used Garrett Recon ProAML-1000
September 17, 2013 11:09AM
Someone on Colorado Springs CL has 2 of them.
September 17, 2013 12:01PM
I tried to contact him last week and it's all gone.
Thanks,
September 17, 2013 09:03PM
wadjidiggers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I tried to contact him last week and it's all
> gone.
> Thanks,

[www.mytreasurespot.com]
sent you a PM.
September 17, 2013 09:17PM
got one for sale.
September 17, 2013 10:09PM
The big question is why do you want one...

I had one Now I dont...

Keith
September 17, 2013 10:45PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> The big question is why do you want one...
>
> I had one Now I dont...
>
> Keith

I am assuming you didnt like yours keith? I have seen a few people say its a great pi. curious as to what you didnt like compared to say the infinium..Old California on another forum has the recon and an infinium and he really likes the recon. he made a rod and runs some of the infinium coils on his recon also. I have one also that I got a good deal on but I have not had the opportunity to use it yet and would like to know where yours and his opinions differ...

[www.findmall.com]

[www.findmall.com]
September 17, 2013 10:45PM
I like it as being compact and I think it's a durable machine.I'm not familiar with PI and just wanna try if it's a good mate to my AT Pro.I hope I'll like it,I would appreciate if somebody can give a short review about the machine.
Thanks
September 17, 2013 10:50PM
wadjidiggers Wrote:
> I like it as being compact and I think it's a
> durable machine.I'm not familiar with PI and just
> wanna try if it's a good mate to my AT Pro.I hope
> I'll like it,I would appreciate if somebody can
> give a short review about the machine.
> Thanks

check out the links in my post above.
September 18, 2013 12:31AM
Its not thats i dont like it but if one is buying the machine they need to be aware of the strenghts and weakness of the detector in terms of use...

it has some BETTER features than the Infinium and it aslo has I beleive a little more sensitivity to small low conductor's...

all p.i.s are for the most part a dig it all platform but the Infinium Vs the Recon can make things a little easier especially if you are having to learn a P.I. unit fresh...

The Recon is non motion..The infinium is Auto tune...the auto tune helps quite alot in areas liitered with nails...but if your area is a say a beach or such then nail's will not be a problem so less retunig will be needed...I found the Recon in a civil war camp site more demanding yet a tad bit hotter.
The Recon has no pulse delay control...not that big of a deal if you dig it all but on some shallower targets the iron check switch on the infinium can help you in nail littered area's...dont solely rely on the check and I rarely use it myself but it has it's place at time's.

So what I would say is the Infinium is geard for the Hobbyist and the recon is geared for finding the small firing pin in a non metalic land mine so differentiation or pulse delay and such is of no need and actually would be a hinderance or even a liability in the field...

I think the recon is good if picked up at the right price and needed in the arsenal...but I prefer the infinium for more day in day out Relic work..but if you were aftger jewelry on a beach with few target's then the recon would be little hotter with its non motion mode...that's why it's there for the little extra gain a non motion mode allow's...

I do prefer the single tone report of the recon instead of the report and echo of the Infinium...

I think the reocn has a better coil as stock....and built better coil too...its a 9 inch mono and it seems hotter thna a 8 inch infinium mono...and its built a whole lot better...

the recon is built like a tank ...heavy but manageable...the coil cable inside the rod should help on false signal from wave action at the beach...

Again horses for courses in the P.I. platfrom....

Keith
September 18, 2013 07:14AM
Thank you very much Keith.
September 19, 2013 06:47PM
anyone with a recon pro for sale please call or text me at 303-917-5292 or email me at ldh74@yahoo.com. thanks.
September 19, 2013 07:16PM
One on ebay

[www.ebay.com]
September 19, 2013 08:41PM
Thats sad.....

People are price gouging them...

there was a slew of them to be released to the market back in the spring.....

You could buy new ones from surplus...I think I paid 350.00 for a brand new one shipped, off a base in california...

The machines seem to be based in California and Columbus Ga Army bases...man they must of bought a ton fo those thing's and no telling what they paid for them...I bet it was a bunch...

now people are wanting them thinking they are getting a Xtreme I guess????Not sure why the sudden demand...

Keith
September 20, 2013 12:20AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Thats sad.....
>
> People are price gouging them...
>
> there was a slew of them to be released to the
> market back in the spring.....
>
> You could buy new ones from surplus...I think I
> paid 350.00 for a brand new one shipped, off a
> base in california...
>
> The machines seem to be based in California and
> Columbus Ga Army bases...man they must of bought a
> ton fo those thing's and no telling what they paid
> for them...I bet it was a bunch...
>
> now people are wanting them thinking they are
> getting a Xtreme I guess????Not sure why the
> sudden demand...
>
> Keith

I thought the same thing Keith

they must have them confused with the new Xtreme machines if you ask me.

And I didn't think they were anywhere near $1500 either!
September 20, 2013 12:47AM
What's the main differences between the two besides the coils?
September 20, 2013 01:33AM
People can ask whatever they want, it doesnt mean it will sell. If you go back and look at completed listings they have sold for 400-700 depending on condition which I dont think is a bad price considering what I have read it costed new. I think keith had his for sale for about $500 some months back which is right in line with units that have actually sold on ebay. [www.ebay.com]

I actually own one and yes the atx info is what turned me on to it. After I started doing some searching and found out more info about it from a member who uses it and an infinium(see above) i figured i would get one just to play around with since i have never owned a pi and i really liked the design. I got a great deal on mine so it made my decision a simple one...I have had fun with it this week just fiddling with it. The headset is really neat and I would like to find another one as i would switch the connector on it over to the AT series. It is also really neat how the coil and shaft are permanently connected and when you change a coil you are changing out the whole shaft assembly...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2013 01:42AM by bigboar.