Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2 park gold finds, and a Tiffany silver ring with tiny diamond

Posted by Digs_alot 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
2 park gold finds, and a Tiffany silver ring with tiny diamond
September 26, 2013 11:30PM
Used noise cancel #11, audio gain = 30 with the 18”x15” SEF coil, Pro coil, and the Minelab 8” coil. Sensitivity level varied depending on coil.

After 9 hunts in 6 weeks, the last day produced 2 park gold finds. Of all places, a park I heavily hunted during my 1st year of detecting. Back then, it produced 3 gold finds. All 3 gold finds were in the nickel range.

The 1st target of the day was a weak low tone grunt, while using auto-sensitivity +3 running at 19. Switched to manual sensitivity (in the low 20s) and got a solid signal. At around 4” deep, a small, .76g 18k gold earring emerged.

Later, went to an old picnic area, probably used up until the mid 70s. I learned how to detect in this forested area. After many, many hunts there, I probably covered the entire area 8 or 9 times. Back then, targeted buffalo nickels, wheat pennies, and silver dimes and quarters, but also pulled out several silver rings. Because of the shear mass of pull tabs and gun shells, I discriminated out most targets more conductive than a nickel, and less than a penny.

Feeling lucky, because of the early 18k earring find, decided to remove pull tabs and gun shells out of a small patch, and hunt for small, low conductive gold targets. One of those gun shell range targets turned out to be a 6.89g 1969 10k gold class ring. Digging up all those pulltabs and gun shells became a lot less painful.
Surprisingly, also recovered a couple of wheat pennies that I previously missed.

Some of the previous hunts produced a small silver Tiffany ring (Peretti) with a tiny diamond. Also got a 1944 silver Philippine 50 cent piece, a 1903 V-nickel, wheaties, and various other finds.

ID = inner diameter (in millimeters)
Procoil auto-sensitivity = 16
Rings air-tested with ring parallel to coil, unless otherwise noted

carat ID   grams depth  FE-CO  max depth description
18k   --    .76   2”    12-02    3.25”   earring
10k   17.5 6.89   4”    12-27    8”      class ring, ring parallel to coil
                  4”    12-30    7”                  ring face parallel to coil

Here are some before and after cleaning photos of the gold finds, also the Tiffany silver ring with that tiny diamond.
Included are the 1944 silver Philippine 50 cent piece, and the 1903 V-nickel.

The coins are:
1910 and 1928 wheaties. I’m guessing the next one is a corroded silver Washington quarter. Then the 1944 Philippine 50 cent piece, and the 1903 V-nickel. The next is either an extremely worn-down Roosevelt or Mercury silver dime. The bottom center coin is probably foreign. And last is a corroded silver Roosevelt dime.

The 3 upper photos are of what appears to be an Eastern European silver pendant of some sort with inlays.
To the right appears to be some sort of clip, with, what appears to be an anchor insignia on the bottom.
At the bottom left is some sort of a naval button. And at the bottom right is a small buckle.

Here’s a group photo of the “silver Eastern European Lady”, along with some of the other finds.

Here’s a group photo of the clip, the button, the buckle, and some other oddities.

Detecting since Feb, 2010
E-trac with 18"x15" SEF, 13" Ultimate coil, Pro coil, Minelab 8" coil, 4.5"x7" SEF, Sunray target probe
CTX3030 with 17"x13" DD coil, 11" DD coil
Re: 2 park gold finds, and a Tiffany silver ring with tiny diamond
September 27, 2013 12:20AM
Congrats!
September 27, 2013 12:50AM
Excellent work!
September 27, 2013 01:50AM
I am still trying to breath

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 27, 2013 03:57AM
Nice dig's..

Keith
September 27, 2013 03:52PM
Very nice!
September 28, 2013 01:00PM
WOW!!! Nice digs......
September 28, 2013 01:29PM
Good stuff!!
September 28, 2013 06:04PM
Great pictures too!
September 28, 2013 09:15PM
Thanks,

It was worth digging the pulltabs.

Detecting since Feb, 2010
E-trac with 18"x15" SEF, 13" Ultimate coil, Pro coil, Minelab 8" coil, 4.5"x7" SEF, Sunray target probe
CTX3030 with 17"x13" DD coil, 11" DD coil