Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 Power smiling smiley With video

Posted by Daniel Tn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 Power smiling smiley With video
October 09, 2013 12:05AM
Sometimes I wonder why I ever got away from the F75. Man I'm loving this thing! Went today to meet a fella from another forum...he was showing me some community holes around the Rocky Face area of Georgia. This particular area was thick in Civil War activity, but has also been detected since probably the 1960s. Like I said...they are "community holes".

Needless to say...I was very surprised to run into soil that barely gave anything on the FE meter...and since it was wide open woods...I was able to run 'er at 99 sens and motion all metal. I dug some of the deepest bullets that I've ever dug with a VLF machine...and they didn't do the thing I'm use to them doing; which is read as iron...and occasionally bounce into the mid-upper range. They pretty much read in the 50s the whole time...and some were a good 12-13 inches deep.

Just bullets...but these are bonafied battle shot bullets...shot to try and kill other human beings. This has a whole different feel to it than digging them out of a firing range where they were just unloading and target practicing. The fella I was with, got a nice cuff button that had probably 80% of the gold gilt left on it. I was the bullet champion though smiling smiley

This video was extra huge for some reason...was taking forever to upload. So I redone it with just 3 clips and made it a little shorter. Once you've seen one bullet dug you've seen 'em all anyway.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2013 04:52PM by Daniel Tn.
Re: F75 Power smiling smiley
October 09, 2013 12:11AM
Cool beans :-)
October 09, 2013 12:22AM
Well, I haven't had the opportunity to dig an actual Civil War bullet (yet), but most of the lead I have dug with the F75 so far has also come up in the 50's. Good, solid hits, too. It's always rewarding to find good targets in a heavily hunted area! I'm going to hunt an old fair grounds (also a community hole) tomorrow before work and see what the F75 with the 5" shooter coil can do for me...
October 09, 2013 01:59AM
Nice!
October 09, 2013 02:09AM
F75 in mild soil is a depth beast. All metal in clean ground runs good and hits deepies hard. Nice bullet haul.
October 09, 2013 03:02AM
Awesome saves.
October 09, 2013 10:04AM
Hey, now your in my neck of the woods!!!, Good Going!!!
October 09, 2013 11:55AM
Low/no minerals will do just exactly this...... fairly accurate ID at/beyond a foot deep. Now: find some faint targets that do not have enough strength to produce a ID number........ but yet, are very faint repeatable hits in your headphones......... and dig these targets up! See what depth(s) these types of targets/responses produce.
The F75 is engineered/designed to go into 'overdrive' (at pubically unfriendly) exceptionally low settings; hence, why many folks get into trouble with this unit. Sounds like you found an area whereby conditions/you were authorized to use these higher Sens (deliberately engineered overdrive) settings.
October 09, 2013 01:05PM
I might have been doing a risky thing. This particular spot had a BUNCH of surface trash on it, in the form of shotgun shell hulls and .22 LR shell casings. I may have passed over a button by choosing to ignore the low conductive shallow signals I was getting; while focusing on the deeper signals. When I'm relic hunting I usually am digging everything bigger than small iron...but in this particular site, after digging 20+ shotgun hulls and .22 casings, I started letting my ears do the discriminating. The guy I was with thought he was having an exceptional day by digging 4 bullets; he had just got a GPX and took it to this site just because it had been hunted so hard; he wanted to try for some deeper finds. When I met back up with him and had (at the time) 8 bullets, he couldn't hardly believe it. We hunted around one another for a little bit and he dug the eagle cuff button and I found one more bullet.

Just for verification...I did do some video from the hunt in which I show some of the bullets being dug. I wasn't exactly sure how long my ProPointer was from end to end...but I would put it down in the hole to show how deep the holes were, and in a couple of them, the ProPointer was down in the hole 3" or so from the end cap of it. I just measured the probe at 9" long..so I was right on with my estimate of about 12-13 inches on these bullets.

He told me before we left that where the CS troops were dug in, was a lot of trash up on the hill and most people didn't hang around up there long. He said I could go back there any time I wanted to go...so the next time I go, I'm headed straight for the trash and cherry picking through it as well. There might be a big heavy Cast I infantry button waiting for me up there in that surface trash.
October 09, 2013 02:26PM
Hey Daniel be careful out there a lot of those community holes in that area are private property and the land owners can be pretty mean and have been known to call the law, I use to hunt over there around Rocky Face a lot but now I only hunt on private property with permission.
October 10, 2013 02:05AM
+1 on the .22 casings, and .22 cal. bullets for that matter. It has taken me a bit to learn to ignore those signals as they sound off nicely in bp mode, 99 sens. I envy you folks digging CW stuff. I need to make a trip south and detect...err... I mean visit family..
October 10, 2013 09:48AM
Cant wait to see the video Daniel.