Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My test garden objects, have now become REAL targets

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
My test garden objects, have now become REAL targets
October 16, 2013 10:41AM
I still have my AT Pro (both coils). And I still have not returned the borrowed Fisher F-5 (11" DD coil). Why have I not returned it? Because the man that I sold it too told me: "Ahhhhhhhh (that's how he talks..."Ahhhhhhhh" before everything) Ahhhhhhhhh just hold onto it and you can bring it over when I call for it." Brad, the biggest hearted man you could ever wish to meet, and a Retired Marine who saw stuff in Viet Nam that really messed him up. I love that man. He lives in his house, with a house full of dogs, one being a German Shepherd. Him and I both occasionally attend .......meetings.....togther. That's how I met him. But I guess I shared this extra stuff so folks wouldn't think that I am a borrower of stuff and just never return it. I would call him and tell him that I am bringing it in the next 5 minutes: "Ahhhhhhhhh....just hold onto it.....I'd like to get you to show me how to use it here in the yard where there was an old 1800-something brick making factory thing" . "Sure Brad....well, it has been essentially unused since I have had it." "Ahhhhhhh I'm not worried about you". "Well, okay, we'll get out there and see if we can find some evidence of the old brick company....old coins, or the like." etc etc etc etc Now, back to my ex-test garden. Finally, the summer's grass growing and cutting finally covered up all of my grassless spots. I would spray Round-Up on each spot for a while until finally I started putting it off. So now, I have 4 three ringers at varying depths....to ten inches max. My AT Pro would occasionally mid-tone on it but mostly low grunts. The F5...same thing. I have a 7 inch Merc dime and a 7 inch Eagle "I" button (wrapped in a tiny ziplock) out there. And a silver quarter.
Now I have a new hunting spot!!!! This will be my chance to do some semi- real world comparative testing. I say "Semi" because they have only been in the ground for a couple of years.....close to three. It will be fun to see what happens. Squirrel and Deer season have really out the damper on anything else. We have a white-oak crop out of this world here this year. Deer are scattered and not moving far. They don't have too. I have missed two. I am going to have to correct that. I really like deer meat ("venison" to some). Just checking in. Y'all have a great week/week-end.
Re: My test garden objects, have now become REAL targets
October 16, 2013 03:22PM
I guess when you are relic hunitng grunts are to be dug if you are going to find it all you almost have to dig it all.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!