Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Harsh mineralized ground for the F75 Special Edition

Posted by elhit29 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Harsh mineralized ground for the F75 Special Edition
October 10, 2013 03:16PM
Hi there,

Most of our lands here is harsh mineralized ground for the F75 Special Edition, so obviously one can't use fastgrab "automatic GB" and also manual ground balancing is very difficult and continuously I have to change it, so - in general- on what value do you recommend I should set the Manual GB whether in the Discrimination setting or All Metal setting??

Thanks

Maz
Re: Harsh mineralized ground for the F75 Special Edition
October 11, 2013 09:38AM
Focus on small areas............. say 12' x 12'. Manual GB to this small area using the bobbing method in all-metal. For now...... achieve a neutral ground balance (not positive, not negative). Then hunt the 12' x 12' area until you are finished. When you switch to another 12' x 12' area......... re-ground balance and follow same procedure.
October 11, 2013 12:26PM
Don't try to run it in any of the boost modes either...they DO NOT work well in heavily mineralized soil. Also, ground balance often...the F75 will let you know via ground noise, of whether it is balanced correctly. Learn what ground noise sounds like, and you can run it in some pretty nasty places. I've ran mine in places that others could only find stuff with pulse machines...and done extremely well. The key though is for sure motion all metal mode.
October 11, 2013 04:22PM
Hi Tom,

Thanks.. but I thought it is impossible to manually GB or obtain neutral ground balance (not positive, not negative) on a harshly mineralized ground whether it is 12' x 12' or larger!!!! this is the major problem in our country the soil is highly mineralized wherever you go... I read in the catalog that if the soil is heavily mineralized then one should set the GB to 90 , I've tried this but to no avail, of course I only use the machine in the standard Default mode and I know for sure it will not work in the Boost or Cashe modes due to higher sensitivity.. I think this is a limitation to F75..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2013 04:35PM by elhit29.
October 12, 2013 01:04AM
In highly mineralized areas the motion all metal mode is a must. MAM mode allows you to adjust the threshold volume to eliminate an audio response from some of the mineralization. I keep mine at -1. I really enjoy this mode and for most locations it allows me to hunt very productively. Easy to the check the GB of the unit too. Actually helps where EMI is a major issue.
October 12, 2013 11:45AM
What country are you in...... and what color is the dirt?
October 12, 2013 11:16PM
Hi Tom,

Country: Jordan, no specific color but heavy-metals-soil is mainly the case,specially natural iron and calcified soil.

Regards

Maz
October 13, 2013 12:06PM
October 16, 2013 12:21PM
ANY COMMENT TOM ON THE COUNTRY ISSUE OR THE SOIL??? I MEAN WHAT TO DO IF- FOR INSTANCE- YOU WANT TO SCAN AN AREA OF 12' x 12' AND ALL OF ITS SOIL IS MINERALIZED, HOW WILL YOU ACT IN THIS CASE??? IT IS DIFFICULT TO DO NEUTRAL GB (NOT POSITIVE, NOT NEGATIVE) AS YOU SAID ABOVE, CAN WE JUST SET THE MANUAL GB ON 50 FOR INSTANCE INSTEAD OF 90 AS THE USER MANUAL STATED IN THIS CASE??

THANKS

MAZEN
October 17, 2013 01:25AM
Maz......... I would find the closest (as close to neutral as the ground will allow) ground balance set-point....... and hunt in that configuration. You may not be able to find a 'perfect' ground balance............. but............ find something close. And if the ground minerals are this severe, I would seriously think/consider using a pulse induction unit.
October 17, 2013 04:11AM
THANKS TOM MY FRIEND FOR THE ADVICE.. I APPRECIATED.

MAZ