Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Night Vision?????? Fisher??

Posted by ozzie 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Night Vision?????? Fisher??
October 19, 2013 09:43AM
Where are they headed with this? Well they do security, that's probably where it fits in.

[www.fisherlab.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2013 09:45AM by ozzie.
Re: Night Vision?????? Fisher??
October 19, 2013 11:06AM
Don't know of many security operations who want night vision with old tech, gen 1 intensifiers. That's as low as you go in image quality with night vision and that's what they list for their equipment. Gen 1 tubes typically have a pretty short useable life as well. Can't say it's very impressive.
October 20, 2013 01:52AM
sailorman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't know of many security operations who want
> night vision with old tech, gen 1 intensifiers.
> That's as low as you go in image quality with
> night vision and that's what they list for their
> equipment. Gen 1 tubes typically have a pretty
> short useable life as well. Can't say it's very
> impressive.

Sailorman,

Not sure what you are looking at but the Fisher security NV is iGen which is digital and nowhere near Gen 1 Tube technology, it doesn't degrade and gives a superior image across the entire screen. Its very impressive and digital NV is leading the consumer field of NV with the exclusive technology of iGen being the pioneer leading the way.

FTP has a plethora of NV products starting with the old inexpensive tube technology of Night Owl Optics;

[www.nightowloptics.com]

Then we have the digital technology of iGen2020 which is used in the Fisher security range which is still affordable to consumers and very impressive;

[igen2020.com]

Finally our top of the line military grade NV/thermal imaging products not available to the general public or typical law enforcement which is extremely expensive and military use only;

[www.nivisys.com]

FTP is the leader in metal detector along with night vision and thermal imaging. I have been lucky enough to play with lots of this stuff and it IS impressive.

Thanks

Mike
October 20, 2013 02:36AM
When I went to your website these old eyes saw specs for what appeared to be gen 1, if I'm reading it wrong then my apologies. I'm familiar with up through gen 4 equipment. Have not had a chance to experience I Gen. Are you saying it's superior to gen 4? Thermal imaging is wonderful stuff in the right settings but priced out of the range of most non LE / military users.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2013 02:41AM by sailorman.