Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

sef coils on whites v3i

Posted by o2findit 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
sef coils on whites v3i
October 29, 2013 11:27PM
Hi guys,

Has anyone tried the sef coils on the whites v3i. If so do they have any advantage on depth apart from more coverage.

Regards o2findit.
Re: sef coils on whites v3i
October 30, 2013 12:24AM
I like the S.E.F. for better mineral handling....

Heres a test I did with a MXT ..

I Know its not the V3i but it may give you an idea or maybe make a light bulb click over your head for a use it might have for you.

[www.youtube.com]

Keith
October 31, 2013 03:04AM
Thans keith for your reply. Great video. Its hard to find if the sef coils have any advantage over the 950, 12 inch super, or the 10 inch dd of Whites.

Regards o2findit.
November 04, 2013 04:07AM
The S.E.F. seems to have an advantage in severe mineral....

The S.E.F. coils are a well designed coil....a 21st century coil if you will...

I believe Garrett took a cue from the S.E.F. and built their own version they call the Blunt top DD...

The AT PRO would not be what it is with another coil on it form say the Ace Series...

I am glad there seems to be a revolution in coil making...We went along time with the typical coils and now some well designed coils are coming to market...

Well made coils can make a machine...a T2 or a F75 would not be what they are withhout the well thought out Bi-Axial...

Keith
November 04, 2013 04:27AM
I have an MXT Pro. It came with the 300 12" V-rated coil. I picked up a new 6 x10 Eclipse DD because the 12" was useless to me for coin hunting in suburban turf. The 6 x 10 was okay, really heavy for its size and not very deep. I bought a 10 x 12 SEF and it separated better than the 6 x 10 and was as deep as the 12" coil. I then bought a 6 x 8 SEF. It was lighter, deeper and better discrimination than the 6 x 10. I sold the 6 x 10 and haven't looked back. I also have the 950 and 5.3 Eclipse coils but very seldom use them.
November 04, 2013 04:28AM
Ty this review

[www.findmall.com]