Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

DetectorPro new Underwater Machine coming soon

Posted by Pasttom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
DetectorPro new Underwater Machine coming soon
November 06, 2013 01:27AM
I received a pdf of the new Underwater machine from DetectorPro today. Gary Storm has updated his creation and I believe solved some weaknesses in the Diver unit. No word on specs or internals, but he has gone to rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries sealed in the headpiece and translucent polycarbonate for the cups- looks VERY strong. He is rating it waterproof to 100 feet. I am sure we will learn more about the mechanics before long. He told me he found 2 gold rings with it yesterday! I hope this signals several new offerings!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
Re: DetectorPro new Underwater Machine coming soon
November 06, 2013 02:31AM
Is it still fixed ground balance at 2.3 kHz?
November 06, 2013 07:10AM
Until we hear otherwise, I would guess its the same numbers (operating search frequency has been 2.4 kHz), but there are no tech specs released yet. I've not seen GB setting listed so I can't say there either.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
November 06, 2013 11:54AM
Same external controls.
Looks a bit beefier construction.
The rechargeable battery will help eliminate opening and closing the battery earcup which probably will eliminate possible damaging the plastic and o-ring
like the orig. Wader/Diver.

Nice build otherwise. Hope the sensitivity has better adjustment and doesn't loose as much depth when you back off 2 numbers or so as the current Wader/Diver.
Also hope for better in-ground depth for the money than the Wader/Diver.
Still needs a white search coil instead of black, so you can see it in churned up murky water for pinpointing.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
November 06, 2013 09:04PM
Never impressed with the Detector pro build quality..

I had a couple of them...

Good concept but I could hear the electronics squeal in the headphoes....very annoying after awhile...

keith
November 06, 2013 09:09PM
wonder if you sent in an old Diver, if he would up grade it to this new one, like CZ20/CZ21
November 07, 2013 01:52AM
2.4 Khz would be 'gold dead'.
November 07, 2013 12:06PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 2.4 Khz would be 'gold dead'.

So you would think. But all us owners who have owned, still own or use have found "gold jewelry" with them.
Not the best depth wise.
Did find mine handled Georgia's red clay mineralized soil pretty well compared to many other detectors.
The new DP model, from outright promotional material just seems to be an vastly improved "Diver" model
mainly for the huge "scuba diver market", where the cost can be kept higher. Spin-off market are us water hunters.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
November 07, 2013 12:23PM
Keith is right about the build quality. I repaired one for a friend and when I opened it up I saw the pc board held on with a dab of glue on each corner. The cable was cheap quality and a wire had broken. The bare pc board was the cheapest quality you can buy. I bet they spent all of 2.00 on the bare pc board. I
November 07, 2013 06:58PM
Please note the new unit has a transparent polycarbonate case so you can SEE the motherboard through it! Gary seems to have really improved this model. Let's wait to see how it performs in the real world. Nothing speaks louder than performance. If this unit does not produce than send it to the 'bay! So far those who have had 'hands on' are impressed. Of course they may be biased or beginners luck syndrome ;-). I am rooting for this to be a winner, but only the score will determine it.

Past(or)Tom