Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Garrett, Detectorpro, Tesoro, coming out with new machines........

Posted by possum mo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Garrett, Detectorpro, Tesoro, coming out with new machines........
November 07, 2013 02:47AM
This could be the year we see a lot of new stuff, .....and / or repackaged old stuff, sigh!
Re: Garrett, Detectorpro, Tesoro, coming out with new machines........
November 07, 2013 03:36PM
The ATX is different enough from the Infinium I would call it new. It certainly shares some if the characteristics of the Infinium, but is far more refined with a long list of features the Infinium lacks. My main interest is in the fact it is a waterproof PI that can ground balance into the salt range. That was the number one failing of the Infinium for my salt water use.

I do think 2014 is going to be a very interesting year for metal detectors. 2013 was downright boring.
November 07, 2013 03:46PM
Although I welcome new detectors do we really need new units or perhaps new virgin hunting areas which are getting as scarce as hens teeth...
With companies now offering transferrable warranties buying used can result in large saving so honestly hope we see a lot of new ones...
November 07, 2013 04:47PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Although I welcome new detectors do we really need
> new units or perhaps new virgin hunting areas
> which are getting as scarce as hens teeth...
> With companies now offering transferrable
> warranties buying used can result in large saving
> so honestly hope we see a lot of new ones...

What I would hope for/like to see is FT coming out with a transferable warranty on their new detectors they ALREADY have!
November 07, 2013 06:49PM
Considering the cost of service, I don't think this is a big issue. FT is very reasonable to work with and makes great products. Every company sets their policies considering likely service costs. Increasing service periods means higher prices, lower sales and we will be spending our money to cover those who do not take care of their equipment. It is like buying insurance, those who have it and don't use it pay for those who do. Insurance companies adjust rates and make billions and we can't afford normal care without it anymore.
Personally, I'd rather pay for my repairs and see the company strong and doing R&D bringing out new products (remember the start of this thread?).

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
November 08, 2013 03:03AM
Pasttom Wrote:
> Considering the cost of service, I don't think
> this is a big issue. FT is very reasonable to
> work with and makes great products. Every company
> sets their policies considering likely service
> costs. Increasing service periods means higher
> prices, lower sales and we will be spending our
> money to cover those who do not take care of their
> equipment. It is like buying insurance, those who
> have it and don't use it pay for those who do.
> Insurance companies adjust rates and make billions
> and we can't afford normal care without it
> anymore.
> Personally, I'd rather pay for my repairs and see
> the company strong and doing R&D bringing out new
> products (remember the start of this thread?).

Yeah, I remember the start of this thread & I didn't see FT's name on it---did you?? (grin)------As far as transferable warranties---if Whites, Garrett & Minelab (just to name three) can do it---FT can do it!----The last time I checked those three companies wasn't having lower sales, going bankrupt or raising prices "thru the roof".-----In any case, I guess FT's original owner only warranty is working for them---you want a warranty on a FT product--you buy a new product (detector) from them.-----Myself & many others won't buy a used FT detector because of this very issue (non-transferable warranties), as I said--I guess it's working for them.-----You will change your mind about out of warranty repair expense when you get stuck with a detector needing ANY signifigant repair.
November 08, 2013 11:43AM
When there is good a warranty on a product, you are paying for it, as it is ' figured in,' in the price at the initial purchase.
November 08, 2013 12:48PM
ozzie Wrote:
> When there is good a warranty on a product, you
> are paying for it, as it is ' figured in,'
> in the price at the initial purchase.

That is true most times ozzie but I always thought that Tesoro was reasonably priced and they have a lifetime warranty and compared to Minelab for example their accessorys coils,etc. are not over priced.
November 08, 2013 02:28PM
Just thinking about the warranty comment Del made.

Fisher has a 5 year warranty, non-transferable.
Whites has a 2 year warranty, transferable.
Garrett has a 2 year warranty, transferable.
Minelab has a 3 year warranty, transferable.
Tesoro has a life time warranty, non-transferable.

If Fisher went to a transferable warranty, would it be ok with them dropping it to 2 years like the majority of the transferable warranty providers?

5 years is a pretty good warranty span considering the company its keeping.

HH
Mike
November 08, 2013 02:58PM
I think so too Ski.
Companies know a certain percentage of their products are going to be substandard....possibly sent back for repairs.

If you add up the products (made in USA) cost for parts, R+D, labor, profit, overhead and lifetime warranty and the product is sold at a reasonable cost, compared,..... Tells me their taking a hit somewhere. Wouldn't be labor because it's made in the US. Wouldn't be parts because of the lifetime warranty. Overhead can only be thinned so much, can't be that. So the only thing left to whittle down to keep a low price tag is research-- development and profit. Kind of fits Tesoro. Just my thoughts, I'm no expert.

Mike, for me, I like Fishers 5 year. I don't go through detectors, I kind of get attached to them. When I buy something, because of research etc, I'm usually pretty sure I'm going to like it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2013 03:04PM by ozzie.
November 08, 2013 08:26PM
How about 2 yr transferable / 5 yr original owner?
November 09, 2013 10:47PM
Geotech Wrote:
> How about 2 yr transferable / 5 yr original owner?

Sounds like a wonderful suggestion to me Geotech.
November 10, 2013 05:11PM
the euro brands are turning up the heat with new neat ideas so they need to get going on the R&D or get left behind.
french ,russian,bulgarian engineers are top notch and are lean and hungry