Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 SE versus Deus

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 SE versus Deus
November 19, 2013 06:40PM
I hope I am not doing a bad thing by pitting these two notoriously awesome unmaskers again one another. But I gotta know before I drop some cash. I need some INTELLIGENCE......for I am lacking it. I have, in the recent past, been HOOKED on simply BUYING detectors. Now....my focus has shifted to actual efficiency.
90 per cent of my sites, and likely....the vast majority of future sites....will contain old square nails (I hope) that indicate historic human habitation. Which....of these two detectors would serve me best. Perhaps at times, I'll be in the woods following an old roadbed, looking for an old homeplace. Which unit would serve me best????
I am the new owner of a Fisher Gold Bug Pro DP and I am about to add 10 inch coil to it. This would likely find me some stuff.
But fellows, and ladies too if there are any, I am quite sure that I have never given any unit sufficient time to learn that unit. Maybe I should should hold off buying a ten inch coil for my Gold Bug Pro and just learn to use it with the 11 inch coil. I really need to make the trip to Florida and take NasaTom's tutorial course. I think that I would learn more from just watching him scan than I would other wise. I have almost worn out the Inland DVD from Mr. Dankowski. I have had two, maybe three phone consultations with him and learned alot by just talking to him. NasaTom.......WE NEED ANOTHER INLAND VID!!!!! You can come up here and stay with me. I care for my mother, she is one bedroom and is bedridden there. Its a big house with lots of bedrooms. This town was occupied by the Union for a couple of years. I have found picket camps a mile out of town....in sight of the river. But I bet you could go to all my older sites and find stuff. I'd leave my detector at home and just sit and watch (and film) you as you hunt and talk. Sounds kinda tempting? Oh well......I tried.
Happy Digging y'all!!! I am going to run up here after the nurse leaves and hunt the front yard of a home in town across from the yard where I found my very first CW relics. I'll be using my Gold Bug Pro with 11 inch DD coil. Every sound that is not on the surface......is getting itself DUG UP! And looked at.
Re: F75 SE versus Deus
November 19, 2013 07:54PM
It's worth considering the cost of extra coils when comparing these two. There's only a genuine XP large coil available, tremendously expensive. And no small coil. The F75 has plenty of coil choices, Fisher and aftermarket brands, all at 'normal' prices. I suppose you should also be considering the T2, as you're not specifically coinshooting. Plenty of coil choices there, too.
Learn a machine. If you stick a different coil on it, you still know the machine.
November 19, 2013 08:19PM
Kevin,... you do know that Anything vs the Deus will get beaten to within an inch of its life :-)

I myself prefer the F75 SE, not going to do a whole write up about it.
2 knobs for turning, 1 button, 1 toggle switch, nice clear big enough screen, backlight.
And rather than 4 frequencies in one coil, coils that will actually make it perform very different one from the other.
Deeeeeep!

HH
Johnb
November 19, 2013 08:53PM
Kevin,

From what I recall ( and I can be totally incorrect because my recollection capabilities have been waning over the years), is that you did very well when you had a Deus.
November 20, 2013 02:31AM
I'm on the fence with the Deus also. I like the simplicity and depth of my F75, but the sharp edged sounds have taken a bit for me to get used to. I don't think I have an ultra quiet one like Keith's, but it's not bad EMI wise. My SE with the 5" shooter is a sweet machine in the trash, and I can run it in BP 99 sens. with very little issues with that coil. The larger coil gathers a bit more "static" info., but I've learned to either live with it or turn down the sensitivity. The Deus just 'sounds' smoother to me. Not sure if that is worth the extra cost though, especially with the extra coil like Pimento was saying ...The programming can be both an advantage and disadvantage, but after owning the Whites Spectra series, I'm comfortable with making adjustments. I would be interested in more testing of the Deus's depth capabilities, and of course any news on the new Fisher could sway my decision....
November 20, 2013 03:34AM
All new XP DEUS 11" DD wireless round search coil | BigBoysHobbies ---- we hope to have them soon! Comes with lower rod and coil attach hardware!

Can't wait :-)
November 20, 2013 10:33AM
I had them both. The Deus has better tones and is just sharper in the ability to hit that masked target. It is updateable. A new coil is coming out to make it deeper.

The F75 LTD is probablty the deepest detector I have ever used. But it is finicky about the dirt it can perform in and EMI can be a larger issue than with the Deus.

Both are a pleasure to swing weight wise so that is not an issue.

The Deus is the future in my opinion. Fisher needs to do something and soon.
November 20, 2013 02:04PM
Sounds like the:

GOLD MAXX POWER (GMP) - Field Test
XP DEUS - Real World field-test
Rcpt Ack of F75 LTD prototype

needs to be brought back to the top of this forum.......... as (Kevin) ...... they should be able to answer most/all of your questions. (((and probably raise more questions)))!
November 20, 2013 02:18PM
Thanks for the replies men!!!! And "therover61".....yes, actually, with the Deus......I have likely found more high dollar stuff than any of the rest of the ones I bought and used. It is a strong possibilty.......especially since my gold dollar and a small article is in the new Deus Handbook written by the same guy who wrote the Minelab Explorer and Etrac handbook. If y'all haven't seen my little article, and my pics in that new Deus book (it's not TOO new......several months I'd say).
But I just cannot ignore what I read when NasaTom writes about the F75 SE. I cannot ignore that. I have talked with that man on the phone, (I owned a Deus at the time and he strongly encouraged me to LEARN THAT DEUS!) And I can still hear him tell me that these days.
I really do not think that I have ever had an F75 SE with a PROPERLY calibrated Boost Process. I would put those units through rigorous test on REAL WORLD targets ....some of which turned out to be bullets or a button or two. I would purposely use it in a target rich environment. I would then switch to BP ...or bP as the screen shows it I think......and then scan the target while slowly lifting the coil off the ground. I never saw any difference between DE and BP!!!! Please......I am a Fisher kind of guy. (I like XP too). I have no reason to exaggerate my findings. I don't have one for sale......or anything else for that matter.
I would go to target after target trying to PROVE to my friend that (he discovered the same thing: that there was neglible difference in DE and BP. I told him (and reminded myself) that the Boost Process would shine when you had the coil an inch or two off the ground. In BP....many folks said that they can acquire a target......but in DE....the coil must be scrubbing the ground....... So my friend now just uses his F75 SE (which I strongly counseled him to buy) like his Fisher 1270. He just uses the F75 in All Metal mode all the time. He mainly searches old farms.....private land that has been pounded that connects to a battle site.
I am strongly leaning toward the Deus. Please allow me to start a new thread and ask the DEUS users to help me out with a question. I don't mean to clog the front page with new threads everytime I sit down......but I am about to spend all of my Christmas cash and, well, I have grown tired of buying a unit......reading about another unit, selling my unit, buying the other unit.......and I get sucked into that Vortex easily. Maybe my new thread will bring out some interesting info. Thanks for all of your replies!!!